If you’re someone who’s looking for a gadget that will cut down your time spent in the kitchen by half, you’ve found the right article for you.
Turbo ovens were created to help the user make delicious meals that are properly cooked without actually needing to participate as much. These ovens are also great for health-conscious people as it doesn’t require much oil/fat to cook.
As the market has become saturated with turbo ovens, it can get very confusing to pick the right one. To help you avoid the overwhelming pressure, we’ve selected the top 5 best turbo convection oven and reviewed them briefly. If you’re interested in finding out more, do continue reading.
Before You Buy What to Look for
Before you decide on what convection oven you want to buy, there are a couple of pointers you should be aware of. Let’s take a look at what those are:
- Ease of Operation
The whole point of using a convection oven is that it’s fast and easy as opposed to other options. As a result, you should definitely check out the layout of operations to see whether it’s too complicated to use or not.
The different oven comes with different perks; the more the functions, the better performance. We’ll recommend you go for the oven that’ll allow you to do the most with it, such as allowing you to bake/grill/steam and more with just one device.
When we talk about performance, we refer to how efficient and reliable the product is. A good quality convection oven, especially infrared or halogen ovens, usually cook a lot faster compared to other devices.
They also use significantly less amount of energy to run. Thus, we’ll advise you to make sure you check the performance of the oven before committing to it.
Whether you accept it or not, the size of the oven will have a hand in determining how useful it will be. Getting a compact and lightweight oven will allow you to move around with it. However, a bigger one will let you cook more things at once. Moreover, it’ll allow you to cook for more people at once.
5 Best Turbo Convection Oven Reviews
Up next, we have a detailed review of the top turbo oven available in the market. Go through them carefully to be able to select the ideal one for you.
1. Oyama TRO-110C Turbo Convection Oven
If you’re looking for a handy and reliable convection oven, which is also affordable, then do check out the TRO-110C by Oyama. This product will allow you to grill, steam, roast, and bake anything you want.
This oven has the capacity to handle 12 liters, which means you can make a good variety of food using it – including a whole chicken! The glass container design doesn’t just look good, but it also allows the user to keep an eye on the cooking progress.
The TRO-110C is popularly known for its exceptional heat circulation, which not only results in evenly cooked meals but also delivers flavorful dishes. They achieve it by circulating the air evenly and letting the meals cook in their juices.
With this oven, you’ll receive a two-wire cooking rack, plate tongs, along with a recipe book. Cleaning this oven is a breeze, all you’re required to wipe it with hot water mixed with dishwashing soap. But you must never submerge it underwater.
We should mention that a lot of users have complained that the oven takes too long to cook. And we will also ask you to be very careful while using it as it can get extremely heated.
- Price point will not put a dent in your wallet
- Created with the highest quality materials
- Can be used to make a variety of items
- Large enough to cook for a big family
- Takes too long to cook
2. Rosewill R-HCO-15001 Infrared Halogen Stainless Steel Extender Ring Convectional Oven
Are you in search of a versatile convection oven that you can use to make anything and everything? Then look no further. The R-HCO-15001 is the perfect gadget for any kitchen.
To start off, we would like to talk about how handy this device is. As it’s an infrared halogen oven, it can cook anything uniformly and quickly, even if it hasn’t been defrosted or preheated.
This model is originally 12.6 quart but can be expanded up to 18 quarts thanks to the extender ring! And this means you can easily cook and feed a big crowd. It comes with two attachable racks that allow you to get more done in significantly less time.
What we really loved about this oven is how eco-friendly it is. You only need a small amount of oil or fat to cook with it. Moreover, the infrared halogen technology results in requiring much less time – resulting in a reduction of energy consumed as well.
We should inform you that this oven isn’t digital, which may be slightly troublesome for some. Some users have also complained about the oven giving up on them after a couple of months. But considering its price point, we can’t really complain as much.
- Infrared technology helps to save energy consumption
- By giving proper heat, it saves the time needed to prepare the meal
- The ring extender helps to increase the capacity when needed
- Requires way less fat/oil to cook
- Not very durable
3. Sunpentown Super Turbo Oven
The Super Turbo oven by Sunpentown is the most expensive oven in this list of reviews; while this can seem like a deal-breaker, all the great features do make up for it. So let’s take a look at what those are!
To start off, unlike the previous product, this one has been very popular for its durability. In fact, most users have been using it for years without facing any major issues.
Most users have also raved about the quality of meal produced – you’re expected to get juicy, flavorful, and perfectly cooked meals. We also found that it’s very much capable of working for a prolonged period of time without overheating.
You don’t need to worry about defrosting meat or preheating the oven. More importantly, there’s nothing you can’t make with this bad boy! Whether it’s bread, steak, or dumpling – it’s got your back.
What we didn’t love about the gadget is how much noise it makes and the fact that it’s not as big as the other options. That being said, the build is great, and more importantly, the glass container is heatproof.
All in all, with this many great features, this gadget certainly qualifies as one of the best-rated turbo convection oven available in the market.
- By using high-quality ingredients, it was built to last a lifetime
- It comes with a heatproof container to avoid any accidents
- Always produces highly flavorful meals
- Very easy to clean and maintain
- Can be very loud
4. Classic Cuisine Halogen Tabletop Oven
The halogen tabletop oven by Classic Cuisine had to make it our list of best turbo convection oven reviews for all of its amazing features.
First off, this oven can make you almost anything without needing any oil or fat to cook it with, even if it’s steak. Amazing, isn’t it? But that’s not all that they’ve to offer. Due to its ability to evenly distribute heat in the enclosed area, you’re likely to get better tasting food compared to normally cooked meals.
Second off, the halogen technology ensures efficient use of energy as well as time. In fact, most users have said this oven cuts down the needed cooking time by 50% while saving energy by 75%. The dual rack system will allow you to cook different items simultaneously to help save time and energy.
Due to the large size of the oven, you can actually fit a lot of items and prepare meals for a big crowd. Only the best quality of the material has been used to make it. You’ll find a heatproof glass exterior and a high-functioning motor, which helped to produce a highly durable gadget.
- Halogen technology reduces the time needed to cook a meal
- You get to save energy consumption by 75%
- Very high functioning and can be used to make a variety of things
- Has been built to keep the natural flavor of food intact
- Extremely fragile, so you need to handle it with care
5. Flavorwave Turbo Oven
Last but not least, we’d like to present to you the turbo oven by Flavorwave. This is the perfect solution for all of the people who are short on time or are too lazy to spend too much time cooking and cleaning.
And this oven was designed to be able to prepare meals very fast. It’s not just fast, but also healthy as it actively separates the fats from the meal. With this oven, you can also skip out on needing to use any sort of oil or fat.
The oven is lightweight and portable, so you can take it with you when you travel or have any outdoor festivities. It also comes with a safety handle to keep you protected from accidentally touching the hot glass top.
What we really love about this oven is that it’s self-cleaning! Yes, you’ve read it right. All you need to do is put a bit of water with a few drops of dishwashing soap and turn on the cleaning mode. You can also give it to the dishwasher if you don’t have as much time.
- Includes a setting for auto clean-up
- Keeps nutrition of the food intact
- Lightweight & portable so you can take it outdoors
- Doesn’t require any oil to cook
- Doesn’t cook everything as well as the other models
Advantages and Disadvantages of Turbo Oven
Like any other product, using such ovens also come with its set of advantages and disadvantages. Let’s see what some of them are:
- Energy-efficient – turbo oven requires less energy compared to a regular oven
- Healthier food – such ovens separate the fat from the food; at the same time, they don’t require fat to cook the meals as well
- Time-efficient – it has the ability to cook frozen food without having to defrost or preheat it first
- Easy to maintain – you don’t have to do much to keep the oven in good shape other than cleaning it occasionally but carefully
- Noise pollution – turbo ovens are usually louder than a traditional oven, which can be a big deal breaker
- Costly – in most cases, such ovens cost more than a traditional oven
- Issues with the result – when baking with turbo ovens, items like cake or bread may not rise as well as it would when using a traditional oven
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are the most commonly asked queries regarding the best turbo ovens:
- How do I maintain these ovens?
Making sure you have a stable source of electricity is the first thing you need to do. We’ll also recommend you to clean the oven carefully once a week.
- Can I cook everything in a convection oven?
You can actually make any sort of meal using a convection oven.
- What is a halogen oven?
Halogen ovens are ovens that use light to produce heat and delivers heat evenly.
- Does convection oven ruin the flavors of food?
Thankfully, no, they don’t.
- What is the ideal size of the oven that I should go for?
Going for a standard size 12quart should be good enough to cater to oneself or a family.
Gone are the days where you required a bulky appliance that takes a lot of time and energy to cook your meals. With turbo ovens, you won’t have to wait around and check the status of your meal every few minutes.
We hope we were able to help you select the best turbo convection oven for your use. If you have any confusion, do go through the buying guide. Good luck!