A kitchen sink is an integral part of your kitchen. It is one of the highly used accessories of your kitchen. So it is certainly important to do your research before buying one.
For your chores to be comfortable, you will want a spacious sink, with a certain level of depth, one which will play its part in the overall function of a kitchen.
Luckily, all of those are provided by farmhouse sinks. In addition to making dish washing fun, the best stainless-steel farmhouse sink will also contribute to the artistic and modern look of the kitchen.
Read on further and you will have an idea of which one to buy for your renovated kitchen or new home.
Before You Buy, What to Look For
There are a lot of factors that should shape your decision. Below, we’ll detail them to help you make the right purchase.
Look for a sink of appropriate size. As loveable as they are, farmhouse sinks are large and deep, designed to hold large volume of water.
Unlike the drop-in sinks, they sit on the support beneath them and thus reduce the under-sink storage space. So, you will have to modify the designs of the cabinets underneath the sink to ensure their support before you finally buy one.
However, if you don’t want to modify your cabinets, then look for a suitable size that will fit your existing cabinet and countertop. You may have to settle for a smaller sink then.
The farmhouse sinks are not equipped to connect to any tap or faucet. You will have to make additional arrangements like setting up the faucet behind the sink, on the counter.
Remember to install your sink leaving enough space for the faucet and cleaning behind the sink.
Single or Double Basin
Whether you buy a single basin sink or a double basin sink depends on your usage. If you hand wash the dishes, then a double basin sink makes the work easier.
Use one sink to soak the dishes and the other to dry. If you have a baby in the house, you can bathe the baby in one and wash other food stuff and dishes in the other, whatever you prefer.
Farmhouse sinks are expensive when you buy only the sink. The initial cost surges when you add the cost of the arrangements that you have to make, prior to installing the sink.
Get a clear idea of the costs so that you can budget the cost responsibly and effectively to keep the cost as minimum as possible.
Now that you are aware of what factors to keep in mind while buying a farmhouse sink, let us get started on the reviews.
5 Best Stainless-Steel Farmhouse Sink Reviews
Here, in this review section, you’ll find proper reviews of the top-rated stainless-steel farmhouse sinks on the market. Let’s dive in.
1. Kraus KHF200-33 Standart PRO Stainless-Steel Sink
This Kraus product is made of high-quality stainless steel to resist rust and corrosion and increase life through easy maintenance. With its features, it is suitable for the needs of every household.
The sink has the perfect dimensions. With a depth of 10 inches, it’s pretty deep and will be able to hold a large amount of water, be it to prepare a bath for your pet or to soak your largest pot.
Moreover, the bottom of the sink is slightly angled and contains subtle grooves which helps with the quick drainage of all the water stored, without the glasses or other utensils tipping over.
It is equipped with sound absorption pads covering about 80 percent of the base. This allows you to work noise free and have a peaceful silence while doing the chores.
The sink comes with a bottom grid of stainless steel, a set of basket strainer and kitchen towels of the same brand.
Sink bottom grid is a great addition to farmhouse sinks as it will efficiently prevent the breaking of any glassware or dishes that fall over the sink.
● Good dimensions allow ease of work
● Material is resistant to corrosion, scratches, dents and rust
● Specially added sloped bottom and grooves for efficient water drainage
● Comes with soundproofing technology
● Offers complimentary useful items
● Resting cabinet will need modification
● Can stain if not cleaned regularly
2. Ruvati Verona RVH9200 33″ Apron-front Workstation Farmhouse Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
This one acts as a workstation as well as a sink, a combination that is hard to resist.
Top quality stainless steel is used to make the sink rust proof, retaining its look over the years and be resilient to heavy duty works. Along with a fine finish, it also brings a contemporary vibe to the kitchen.
All the corners of this sink are slightly rounded. This is to make the sink very easy to clean. You will also see that the curved corners add a little more space to contain all your glassware.
The sink is equipped with noise absorbing pads and coating under the sink to absorb the vibrations and unwarranted noise for a quieter time. Package also includes useful items like a chopping board, a colander, a basket strainer drain and a drying rack.
This set of tools will slide into the built-in ledge on the edge of the sink and transform your sink to a complete workstation. With its multiple uses, this Ruvati sink is a dream project for many.
● Top quality stainless steel preventing rust and stain
● Noise absorbing pads and undercoating
● Built-in ledge for the accessories to slide into
● Easy to clean with the curved corners
● Slanted bottom with grooves for complete dainage of water
● Comes with free items to convert the sink into a workstation
● The sink can accumulate scratches if the bottom grid is not used
3. Sarlai 36 Farmhouse Sink
This 36-inch apron-front kitchen sink from Sarlai can be the best deal one can get from their money. The sink provides everything that other farmhouse sinks do, but with a superior quality.
It is very well built, using top quality stainless steel that is resistant to dents, scratches, rust and corrosion. The main attraction is the nano brush finish which truly makes the sink scratch proof.
Any scratch you see can be wiped away. It will also resist any water stain.
A special design in the bottom surface of the sink can aid water drainage in an efficient manner. The bottom is slanted along with water guidelines, which direct the water flow to the drain, so that no water spot is left behind.
Thick rubber pads underneath, along with undercoating makes the sink soundproof. So, no noise will distract you from your thoughts while you work.
While this model is large as it is, it comes with curved corners. As a result, you are provided with an extra-large space to accommodate more dishes. You can also clean the dirt and debris with ease.
● Scratch resistant, more durable due to use of heavy-duty stainless-steel and nano brush technology
● Thick rubber pads along with undercoating to make it soundproof
● Comes with some free items like the bottom rinse grid, filter, strainer
● Curved corners provide more space
● Bottom sloped, accompanied by lines for complete drainage of water
● Easy to maintain
● Stains over time if rubbed with a rough sponge for cleaning
4. Kraus Standart Pro 32″ Single Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
This bowl comes with oversized dimensions of 32″ by 19″ by 10” and build material of top notch stainless-steel.
With the use of T304 and TRU16 stainless-steel to make the product, the sink is durable as well as resistant to stains, rust, or any other damage. The sink can face a lifetime of chores once it is made a part of your household.
Covering about 80 percent of the base are thick rubber pads, placed to absorb all sorts of vibrations, reducing the deafening noise made when washing dishes.
While some sinks are given a nano finish, this one is given a satin finish of high grade. This will make the sink look shiny and modern while preventing stains and scratches.
All that you need to keep your sink as good as the first day, comes with the sink, including the set of hardware needed to install the sink it.
You get a bottom grid which will protect the sink and can also act as a drying rack. Moreover, basket strainers and kitchen towels are also provided to make the task easy for you.
● Powerfully built to last a lifetime
● Allows you to work noise free
● Big enough to fit your largest pots and pans and more
● Comes with all the items needed to install
● Contains a satin finish of commercial grade that beautifully hides stains and scratches
● Has a shiny, modern look that goes well with every kitchen
● Takes a lot of time to fill with water
● Surface will be scratched if not cleaned carefully
5. Ruvati 33″ Farmhouse Apron-front Kitchen Sink
Along with its large size and top-notch performance, it also contributes immensely to the kitchen decor.
The Ruvati sink is efficient in its role of aiding in household chores all the while maintaining its looks. Take a look at the details to know why.
This sink is given a high-quality structure to meet your requirements. Material that is used to make it will protect the sink against corrosion and rust. The brushed finish retains the new look even after years of use.
It has a slanted bottom and is accompanied by lines to guide water to the drain like any other high-end farmhouse sink.
The corners are also curved for the added advantage of easy cleaning and increased space for the dishes.
This model is accompanied by a drain cover among other supplement, which is used to trap water in the sink while washing dishes.
We all know what a difference it makes if we can soak the dishes beforehand. It can also be used to hide the drain basket strainer with all food stuff in it when you have company.
● Superb structure
● Comes with commercial grade brushed finish in addition to the high-end stainless steel used to make the sink
● Padded base for noise reduction
● Designed bottom for quick drainage of water
● Consists of a drain cover that help to hold water and reduce wastage
● Both drain cover and bottom grid comes free of cost
● Can’t be converted into a workstation
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can the sink be connected to garbage disposal?
As large as they are, they have a standard drain size of 3.5 inches. This should fit any flange of the garbage disposal. However, you may need to look for a larger flange depending on the model.
2. Is it necessary to change the plumbing for faucets?
Yes. Usually the drop-in sinks have holes in them for placing the faucets. But in case of these sinks, they don’t have any holes for the faucets. As a result, you will have to place them on your countertop if you have enough space. Otherwise, it is recommended to adjust the plumbing such that you can use a wall faucet.
3. How to properly clean a sink to keep it scratch free?
Though the farmhouse sinks are made scratch proof, cleaning them with a rough sponge or using harsh chemicals can make them vulnerable to scratches.
The proper way is to rinse it and wipe it dry with a kitchen towel or a cloth after every use. You can use mild cleaning agent once every week.
4. Will I have to make adjustments to the cabinets underneath the sink?
Yes, if you are renovating the whole kitchen, then it is better to buy a sink of suitable size and build the cabinet under the sink in accordance. If not, then modify your cabinet such that it is able to support the sink and buy the sink that is appropriate for the cabinet size.
5. How big should the cabinet be?
The cabinet should be larger than that of the sink. If your sink is 33″, then the cabinet should be 36″ to allow space for mounting clips and fixation of the sink.
Final Words of Farmhouse Sink
The best stainless-steel farmhouse sink will lighten up your kitchen as well as your kitchen experience with its versatility and high-quality build.
So, if you are looking to buy one, get the one best suited to your needs and it will be a fine addition to your household.