Are you tired of spoiled and wasted fresh fruits and vegetables inside your refrigerator? Well, keeping the fresh fruits inside a clammed-up box isn’t going to help you. For that, you’re going to need the best produce saver containers.
With modern technology, we can store fresh produce like fruits for a long time. However, by the time we eat the stored goods, the freshness of the fruits mostly goes away, and sometimes due to bad conditions, the produce gets wasted.
That’s why there are produce keeper containers. These containers are designed to keep the airflow constant and keep the produce fresh for a long time. Who wouldn’t want that?
However, there are many types of produce saver containers available. So, finding the perfect one for your necessities might not be easy. That’s why our researchers spent hours searching for good produce saver containers and made a list with only the top five.
Keep reading to find out more about them.
#List Of The Best Produce Saver Containers – Our Editor’s Pick:
Best Produce Saver Containers Reviews
This section contains multiple options. But, not all of them might be suitable for your needs. So, read thoroughly and choose a produce saver container that fits you and your necessities.
1. Rubbermaid Produce Saver Containers | 3-piece Set
If you google produce saver containers, you would understand how much dominating Rubbermaid is in this market. Well, that speaks for their quality already. Rubbermaid containers are completely dishwasher safe and BPA-free. So, they are safe and healthy.
Also, Rubbermaid invented their Crisptray technology. With this, the container keeps moisture away from fresh foods. As moisture is the main reason fresh produce omits bad odor, you can say goodbye to bad odor if you have one of these containers.
However, a single container is mostly insufficient for storing food, isn’t it? You need multiple containers to store all your produce. That’s why Rubbermaid sells these containers in different bulk sets. For example, this is a 3-piece set with one 6.3 cup and two 17.3 cups.
Anyway, when compared to other produce saver containers on the market, Rubbermaid stands out with its FreshVent technology. This circulates air perfectly and your food will stay fresh for a long time.
- Comes with two 17.3 cups & one 6.3 cup container
- Crips Tray protects produces from getting rotten
- Built from BPA free materials
- Dishwasher safe
- Vent Filter technology regulates oxygen flows and does not need to replace
- Works best before wash and cut
- Perfectly sized for storing in the refrigerator
- Reduces spoilage by keeping moisture away
- Saves fresh produce, money, and time
- The vent filter doesn’t need to be replaced, ever
- Some users were skeptical about the pricing
- These are not seal-proof, moisture occurs occasionally
2. Luxear Produce Saver Containers | Multifunctional Design
Are you tired of your messy refrigerator full of single-use plastic bags? Then, Luxear has the perfect containers for you. These look beautiful, work great, and keeps your lifestyle healthy. What more can you want from some containers!
Luxear containers are simply put, amazing. These have foldable lids for easy access and adjustable air vents. You can either keep the vents open for air circulation or keep them closed to keep out moisture. Also, with 3 different sized containers, these can store all your fresh produce.
However, the multifunctionality that these containers offer is what makes them the best produce savers for fridge. These have a removable insert and drainer, which doubles as a divider. So, you can either keep your food divided or layered or just fill the whole container!
Also, these have removable drainage valves. So, that you can wash the produce in this same container and also keep the drained water away from your food! Luxear made these containers to be convenient.
- Made with 100% food-grade material, environment friendly
- The vent system regulates the airflow in and out
- The bottom of the products has a small opening to drain out extra water
- It helps organize the kitchen in a perfect manner
- Comes in three different sizes: 4.7 quarts, 1.9 quarts, and 0.5 quart
- Tupperware that is clear so that the contents inside are easily visible
- BPA-free food-grade material
- The bottom filter-tray keeps food elevated from moisture
- Perfect for arranging and leading a healthy lifestyle
- Transparent body lets you see inside
- Unique design of filter plate, partitions, and vents
- The pricing is quite higher than average
- Some users have complained about the lid’s durability
3. OXO Greensaver Produce Saver Containers | Carbon Filter
Did you know the main reason fruits ripen in refrigerators is ethylene gas? This gas is produced naturally by fruits and produces and this starts a positive feedback loop which spoils all the other fresh food in your fridge!
That’s why OXO came up with enhanced carbon filters. These filter out the ethylene gas and slows the aging process of produces. So, fresh produce stays fresh for a longer period with the help of Carbon filters.
However, another reason fresh produce goes bad is the moisture and water. While most other produce saver containers have some type of elevation, Oxo went further and made the whole basket to be some sort of removable colander. This ensures airflow and drainage.
In the end, all a container needs to do is to keep the humidity, temperature, and airflow in control and that’s exactly what Oxo Greensaver does. So, these are perfect and simple at the same time!
- Enhanced carbon filter technology that traps and absorb ethylene gas
- To prevent rotting the elevated colander keeps produce away from the container walls and ensure 360° air circulation
- The adjustable vent optimizes humidity for different types of produce
- Dishwasher safe and BPA free safe materials
- Comes with one enhanced carbon filter that lasts up to 90 days
- Keeps vegetables fresh longer
- Carbon filter to slow aging and spoilage
- Elevated colander for constant airflow
- A built-in produce guidance system
- Adjustable air vent for ideal humidity
- Ideally sized with 4.7L capacity
- These are not machine washable
- Some users have complained about the lid
4. Luxear Produce Saver Containers | Foldable Partition
Well, we know there was another Luxear container before on this list. But, this one is pretty different both in looks and as a container. In fact, these do their job so well that we can be confident saying these are one of the best produce saver containers right now!
Luxear made these containers to be very sturdy and strong. If you remember correctly that was one of the issues with the container before. That’s why Luxear researched and reinforced their material and made these models.
Also, these containers come with a removable basket which can be normally used as a colander. You can even use the basket to drain water while making pasta or other food as these are pretty heat-resistant.
In addition, these containers have a foldable partition that you can use as a divider to divide the container into two halves. This helps a lot in organizing and cleaning up your refrigerator if you think about it.
- Come with 18 cups, 6.8 cups, and 1.92 cups three containers
- Partition is used to separate different foods in the container to prevent food from squeezing each other
- keep vegetables and fruits fresh for up to two weeks
- The additional removable colander can also be used as a washing basket
- Made from high-quality acrylic resin food-grade material
- The temperature tolerance range is Minus 104 degrees Fahrenheit to 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- Adjustable air vent for controlling airflow
- Three containers sizing 18, 6.8, 1.92 cup
- Odorless, scratch and corrosion resistant cover
- Adjustable partitions to prevent rotting
- Keeps your fridge neat and clean
- These are not dishwasher safe
- A user complained about receiving used containers
5. Silivo Produce Saver Containers | 3 Large Pack
If you think that most other produce saver containers on the market are overpriced, there is a brand that agrees with you! Silivo made their containers so much cheaper than other brands that sometimes it’s tough to resist.
However, if you look for quality over pricing Silivo got you covered as well. These are very well-made containers for the price. The shape and size of the containers are perfect for storing in refrigerators and these are very durable too.
Anyway, the main problem with refrigerators is that they condense water and make the area very humid. So, Silivo made their containers with a special water drain tray. This effectively drains out the water from the fresh produce and keeps them fresh and clean.
With their BPA-free and 100% food-grade PP material, Silivo produce keeper containers are a must-have for salad fanciers, according to another buyer! How great is that!
- Two of 6.3 Cup Produce Saver
- Revolutionary FreshVent technology for regulating the flow of oxygen and carbon dioxide
- CrispTray at the bottom promotes airflow to help prevent spoilage
- The built-in lid filter never needs to be replaced
- Handles for easier handling
- Three Large containers for a cheap price
- Works perfect for delicate salad greens
- Amazing after sells service by Silivo
- Organizes and keeps your fridge clean
- The containers were too tall for some users
- Some users complained about the durability
Top 5 Produce Saver Comparision Table
Number of Container
Rubbermaid Produce Saver Containers
Luxear Produce Saver Containers
Acrylic resin (BPA-free)
OXO Greensaver Produce Saver Containers
Plastic, Enhanced carbon filter
Luxear Produce Saver Containers
Food Grade Safety Material BPA free
Silivo Produce Saver Containers
Buying Guide for Produce Saver Containers
According to most research and user reviews, produce savers work great. They keep the fresh produce safely and healthily stored. But, there are good products and there are bad products. So, you need to understand what’s good for you and your food.
Fresh produce is kept fresh in the refrigerator by cooling at the initial temperature. This keeps most bacteria away from the food as bacterial growth thrives at room temperature. But, this alone can’t keep food fresh.
Fresh food needs air circulation and dry places to be stored freshly. But, most people just put produce in a plastic container and expect those not to rot or smell!
That’s why you need produce saver containers. These provide the ideal environment for fresh food and keep them stored for a longer time. While buying produce saver containers, you need to keep some things in mind.
A good produce saver container needs good air circulation. So, you need to make sure that the containers you buy have good ventilation. Also, some containers have different types of air filtration systems. So, you can look into that if possible.
Good produce keeper containers need an elevated bottom lid. With this, the fresh produce is kept higher from the bottom and away from moisture. This also ensures proper air circulation. So, try to buy containers with elevated or adjustable bottom lids.
Food Grade material
Most produce containers now available are made of plastic. But, for the sake of your safety, you need to find containers made with food-grade plastic. Also, make sure that the containers are BPA-free and no harmful chemicals were used in manufacturing.
Although there are produce saver containers made of glass, they usually cost way more and don’t even work as well. So, unless you plan to have a plastic-free life, glass containers are a no-go!
This is just like any other container you usually buy. You need to buy the size you need. Make sure that the containers would fit in your refrigerator and you’re good to go.
So, if you keep these things in mind, you will find the perfect produce keeper container for you.
Types of Produce Saver Containers
Produce saver containers are a lifesaver for people who are trying to lead a healthy lifestyle. It’s already really hard with all the high pricing for fresh produce and wasted, rotten food just makes this worse.
So, buying produce saver containers for your home should be a no-brainer! Although there are not many different types of produce savers, different brands offer different advantages sometimes. Also, there are some specialized containers for herbs, etc.
Some produce saver containers are machine washable and some aren’t. However, as dishwashers use hot water to wash, it may not be a very good idea to dishwash plastic containers.
So, even if you buy machine washable containers, you shouldn’t put that in the dishwasher anyway. Just handwash it. Handwashing is fun!
There are some specialized containers for herbs or lettuce. Some of them work great actually. However, they are not suitable for all types of produce. Although if you want a specialized container for herbs, you may check out Prepara herb savor pods.
These are more or less like normal bowls with a lid. So, these are not suitable as fresh produce storage containers. But, people still use them anyway.
These types of containers are more suitable as produce savers. Because, these enhance airflow, keeps the fresh produce dry, and keeps your refrigerator organized.
Some of these have removable partitions and water draining systems. With all of these, you can store your fresh produce for a long time without any problems.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Do produce keepers work?
Well, all a produce keeper can do is keep your produce dry and keep a constant flow of air. It is proven that produce lasts a lot longer in dry areas than in humid areas. Also, air circulation is very necessary for keeping the produce fresh.
That’s all produce saver containers try to do. So, if a produce keeper can do this it’s necessarily working. But, fresh produce still rots, even in produce keepers. So, don’t expect these to do wonders.
Why does fruit spoil so fast?
Most fruit spoils because of their micro-organisms and their aging or damages. Micro-organisms such as bacteria or mold release their enzymes which in turn speeds up the spoiling process.
Also, there are enzymes and gases released by the fruit itself. Gases like ethylene are largely responsible for the aging process.
However, physical damage and bruises too can trigger enzymatic reactions. Learn more about the reasons behind food spoilage.
Why do I need produce keeper?
If you want to eat healthily, waste less food and money, and save your time, you need to produce keeper containers. Produce keepers store your fresh produce in optimal conditions. These conditions can’t be achieved with regular containers.
That’s why you need produce saver containers if you want to eat healthy and fresh. They also keep your fridge organized and clean as a bonus!
Are produce keeper worth it?
If you add up all the wasted produce in your fridge, you would surely be surprised how much money and food is wasted just because you couldn’t eat them!
So, investing in produce saver containers help you save money for a long time, wouldn’t you consider them to be a good investment?
How do produce saver containers work?
Most produce saver containers work by allowing air circulation and water drainage. Air circulation helps clean the air in the container and keeps the temperature cool inside the container as well. With this, the produce stays fresh for a longer time.
Also, humidity causes produce to rot easily. Most produce containers keep the produce elevated from the bottom. This way, they produce is away from drained water and is kept fresh.
Which one is good regular or produce container?
Regular containers don’t allow air circulation and most of the time, washed produce drains the water in the bottom of the container. So, the produce in the bottom rots easily and in turn, the whole storage gets humid and rotten.
On the other hand, the best rated produce containers allow circulation and drain the water out of the produce. So, produce saver containers are obviously better than regular containers for fresh produce.
If you want to keep your produce from rotting and fresh, you need to grab the best produce saver containers available around you.
However, buying good quality fresh produce will help you a lot too. So, buy fresh produce and good produce saver containers and eat fresh, healthy. This will help you live a healthier and better life overall.