Only a couple of snacks are as gratifying as microwave kettle corn. This yummy-tasting food can be prepared within minutes in the microwave oven, and thankfully, it provides numerous types of flavors to the consumers, including cheese, butter, organic, or even sugar.
While you watch movies or your favorite TV shows with your buddies and families, there is something that you definitely need to spice up your enjoyment; guess what? Of course, it is a pack of kettle corn!
But choosing the best microwave kettle corn could be a little bit challenging, especially for those who are new in the store of popcorn. This is why our team did a lot of struggle picking up some of the quality kettle corns from the market.
Make sure to read our below-mentioned reviews to know about them in detail. Besides, you have to read the buyer’s guide to learn the technique of picking the right one.
Editor’s Recommendation: Top 5 Microwave Kettle Corn
What to Look for Before You Buy?
Microwave kettle corn is undoubtedly a great source of food that can be taken by anyone as a good snack. It should not just be fresh and tasty; you need to look for a few more things before buying it.
So, if you don’t know how to pick the right one, make sure to read this buyer’s guide entirely from top to bottom and note down the following core factors.
Of course, the popcorn that you are going to purchase should be perfectly compatible with the microwave oven. If not, you won’t get that mouth-watering delicious taste from the corn, bear in mind.
This is what you should consider before buying a microwave kettle corn. We all want to have great-tasting foods, and when it comes to popcorn, it should be buttery, a bit salty, and cheesy.
But remember, the flavor of your kettle corn should be 100% natural. Always make sure to avoid the one that equips artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
Yes, the amount of trans-fat should be zero if you want to keep yourself healthy and active. In case your meal plan is filled with trans-fat, you will have to deal with diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity, or even cancer!
Trans-fat is the thing that increases levels of bad cholesterol in the body to make a person sick and unhealthy. This is why before getting yourself a microwave kettle corn, ensure that there is no trans-fat on it.
Pick Up the Non-GMO Kettle Corn!
The market has got plenty of kettle corn, which is loaded with artificial and toxic components. But don’t worry, you can identify the good one by focusing on a “non-GMO” logo. If the pack of your kettle corn has got that specific logo, be happy because your food is free from harmful ingredients.
A few models include butter, and others have cheese as the main ingredient. So, at first, you have to ask yourself which one you are fond of the most. If you love to eat some cheesy popcorn, then focus on the one which offers cheese as a primary ingredient. Some of the other persons might consider buttery-corns.
5 Best Microwave Kettle Corn Reviews
Let’s jump straight away to the reviews of the best microwave kettle corn. To know which one is compatible with your taste, make sure to give a complete read.
1. Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn Kernels
- Contains (6) 30 ounce; Containers of Orville Redenbacher’s Original White Gourmet Unpopped Popcorn...
- Use these gourmet Orville Redenbacher’s popping kernels with butter flavored popcorn oil to make...
- Made with 100 percentage whole grain, these unpopped popcorn kernels pop up light and fluffy—and...
- In 1952, Orville Redenbacher hand selected a small group of farmers to grow his exclusive kernel,...
- These 100 percentage natural, non-GMO popcorn kernels pop for a delicious treat or gluten free snack...
On the very first, we have got the Orville Popcorn Kernels, which is made with over 99.99 percent whole grain and zero artificial colors. Enjoy every single bite of this microwave kettle corn.
There is no added sugar and toxic ingredients, so it is not going to harm you at all, whether you are an elder or just a teenager. Per serving carries zero trans-fat; besides, it is a gluten-free snack suitable for those who have digestive issues.
A single container contains sufficient amounts of healthy ingredients. Plus, the flavor that you will get from it is undoubtedly 100% natural. The jar equips 30 ounces in total, making it perfect for your entire family.
Here is another plus point of Orville Popcorn Kernels, guess what? It will take only 2-3 minutes in total to serve you some mouth-watering healthy snacks. And thankfully, this microwave corn is perfectly compatible with both microwave, air popper, stovetop, and electric popper.
- Over 99.99 percent whole grain
- Free from toxic components and trans-fat
- Tastes much better
- Can be prepared within a snap
- There is no artificial color included
- Kind of rubbery!
- A bit pricey
2. SkinnyPop 1014015
- Skip a night out and enjoy a movie night in with a bag of SkinnyPop! The perfect guilt free snack to...
- Only 100 calories per bag, Non GMO, Gluten Free, No Artificial Ingredients, Dairy Free, Peanut and...
- A delicious; healthy snack popped to perfection for kids lunches, break between video calls, or just...
- Stock up on this healthy, convenient popcorn snack now! SkinnyPop does popcorn so that you can do...
- SkinnyPop was founded with a simple premise; people deserve snacks that taste delicious and are good...
Here we are with a gluten-free snack, SkinnyPop 1014015, which is better in taste and made of good-quality components to make it both healthy and tasty at the same time.
Speaking of the main ingredients, it is loaded with sunflower oil with sea salt for delivering a good smell and taste. Plus, you won’t find any artificial ingredients and preservatives on it. Consequently, you can have faith in its quality.
Basically, it is a non-GMO snack, which has got zero trans-fat. So, if you want to keep yourself away from health issues, this particular popcorn is what you should consider first.
SkinnyPop 1014015 is a better combination of both fiber and whole-grain; as you can see, it packs almost all essential ingredients to make it very healthy and delicious. Per serving contains up to 100 calories, and a single pack weighs not more than 0.65 ounces.
- Made of quality ingredients
- A non-GMO snack with zero artificial things and preservatives
- Combination of both whole grain and fiber
- Offers adequate calories and zero trans-fat
- Chewy in place of crunchy!
3. Smartfood Kettle Corn – 0.5 Ounce
- Includes (20) 0.5 ounce Bags of White Cheddar popcorn, (12) 0.5 oz bags of Sweet and Salty Kettle...
- 100% Whole Grain Air Popped Popcorn
- No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- Packaging may vary
Smartfood is a company that has earned great fame in making numerous types of microwave popcorn, and Smartfood Kettle Corn is one of them. This air-popped popcorn is rich in whole grain and fiber and smells very good while you prepare it in your traditional microwave oven.
In just a single pack, you can get a couple of healthy ingredients, including a variety of vegetable oils, buttermilk, wheat, sea salt, and most importantly, white cheddar cheese that makes it way too delicious.
The total size of a single pack is around 14.1 grams, making it ideal for your whole family. You can get the mouth-watering cheese flavor in each and every air-popped bite. Good to know, it is so crunchy and seasoned very perfectly.
Each serving (a single cup) contains nearly 35.0 calories and is free from all types of artificial colors, preservatives, and flavors. Overall, it could be a nice option if you are conscious about your health yet want to spend some quality time with your families having some healthy snacks.
- Loaded with healthy components
- Requires a few minutes to prepare
- Free from preservatives, artificial flavors, and colors
- Equips decent calories
- Too short expiry date!
4. Sweet Kettle Corn Amish Country – 10 Bags
- OLD FASHIONED MICROWAVE POPCORN - Right when the mail man drops this off, you can take it out, throw...
- NON-GMO & GLUTEN FREE - With our products being Non-GMO and Gluten Free, you can eat this popcorn...
- LOW CALORIE - Not only is our Popcorn low calorie, but it is delicious and healthy as well!
- TREE NUT & PEANUT FREE - You don't have to worry about nut allergies with Amish Country Popcorn...
“Sweet” is the taste that you will get at first after having it; the name describes itself. This particular corn equips all necessary components to offer you a fresh and delicious snack.
Besides, it is a gluten-free popcorn that is ideal for those who have difficulty digesting food. No toxic chemical is included in it, so both elder and younger people can have it without facing any health issues.
It is an old-fashioned microwave popcorn that requires a pretty short time to prepare. Just make sure to take it out, cast it in your microwave, and within a few minutes, you will be able to enjoy the tasty snacks, yummy!
This microwave kettle corn is rich in taste and aroma yet low in calories. So, if you are someone who wants to have some fresh and crunchy snacks without dealing with obesity, you have no better alternatives! What’s more? You are going to get a fantastic recipe guide, which includes up to 15 recipes of popcorn.
- Sweet taste and rich aroma
- Ideal for all consumers
- Non-toxic kettle corn takes minimal time to prepare
- Offers a recipe guide additionally
- Too small kernels!
5. Pop Secret 108928
- Movie theater taste: bring the movie theater home with this classically rich buttery flavor and airy...
- Delicious any time: a delicious snack for movie night, TV watching, family game time, or any time!
- Warm popcorn: delicious hot popcorn with an irresistible aroma and flavor, ready in minutes
- Ingredients to feel good about: non-GMO corn and no artificial preservatives, flavors, fructose corn...
- 30 shareable bags: box of 30 shareable Pop Secret microwaveable popcorn bags
This one is a movie theatre popcorn that comes with a premium jumbo size to fulfill your entire family’s requirements pretty easily. It weighs around 90 ounces and has got 30 packs in total.
As a primary ingredient, it holds over 99.9 percent of whole grain. Besides, this particular popcorn is a mixture of palm oil, sea salt, milk, natural flavors, paprika, and annatto. So, of course, you can get that taste you desired for!
Thankfully, this microwave corn is free from gluten, so you can easily take it as a snack even if you have digestive issues. Plus, there is no trans-fat on it, and it’s free from artificial ingredients and harmful preservatives.
It stands out from the crowd when it comes to the flavor it offers. The corn is adequately filled with butter to increase the aroma and taste. Since it is non-GMO, you can stay assured that it is free of all toxic ingredients.
This Kosher certified popcorn will take just around 2-5 minutes if you are planning about preparing it in your microwave oven.
- Equips a large-sized pack
- Combines a variety of healthy ingredients
- Adds zero artificial things and trans-fat
- Good flavor
- Compatible with those who have digestive issues
- Seems a bit oily
- Kind of fluffy instead of crunchy!
Best Microwave Kettle Corn Comparison Table
Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn Kernels
Smartfood Kettle Corn – 0.5 Ounce
Popcorn Variety Pack
Sweet Kettle Corn Amish Country – 10 Bags
Sweet Kettle White Hulless
Amish Country Popcorn
Pop Secret 108928
Movie Theater Butter
Frequently Asked Questions
Is microwave kettle corn healthy?
Kettle corn is a nutritious snack compared to the rest. It is a good source of polyphenols, packs essential fiber and other beneficial ingredients. Besides, most of the microwave kettle corn brands in the market have zero trans-fat and toxic components to make it very healthy.
Why should you not eat microwave popcorn?
Some of the corn brands use artificial cheese and butter to increase the amount of taste. “Diacetyl” is the chemical that they actually use for adding extra flavor and test. If you eat this type of corn, you are going to damage your lungs! These types of microwave kettle corn are not healthy, and you should definitely avoid eating it.
What is the healthiest popcorn to eat?
The popcorn, which includes zero trans-fat, fewer amounts of calories, and no artificial ingredients, are healthy to eat. So, before you purchase a pack or jar, make sure that it is gluten-free and non-GMO.
You will become unhealthy and sick way too early if you consume trans-fat. Whether the amount is high or low, chances are you could get cardiovascular disease, diabetes, or high cholesterol. So ensure to pick the item that includes a non-GMO and gluten-free symbol. These are always safe and healthy.
Is it safe to eat popcorn every day?
We all are familiar with a common saying, “excess of anything is bad.” Even though popcorn holds sufficient amounts of healthy ingredients and fibers, however, you should avoid eating it on a daily basis, in our opinion. Eating excessive amounts of microwave kettle corn could cause “popcorn lungs” disease.
We hope you already got adequate knowledge concerning popcorn, and our write-up of the best microwave kettle corn showed you some of the quality popcorn packs that all are free from harmful toxic ingredients, preservatives, and artificial colors.
So, cheesy or buttery? To make the decision, move on to the market right now and get your favorite one.