Do you know what scares the hell out of people the most that they think can expose them to the coronavirus? The food they eat outside. We bet you’ve had the same thought, too, while taking a bite of your favorite burger at McDonald’s.
But for construction workers, that risk bar just breaks every milestone as it’s tough for them to keep themselves sanitized all the time. So, is there no safer way for them to have their lunch? Well, there’s one, and it’s the best lunchbox for construction workers.
But ain’t there a ton of them in the market? Plus, every brand calls itself better than the others. So, it’s quite normal to get confused there. But don’t worry; we ain’t going anywhere until you get your one.
Editor’s Recommendation: Top 5 Lunchbox for Construction Workers
Things to Consider Before Buying Lunchbox for Construction Workers
Finding out the finest lunchbox ain’t an impossible task to deal with. But when you’re picking something without knowing what will make it perfect for you, then you’re clearly walking towards a wrong investment. So, let’s check out what makes a lunchbox a good one.
If anything can help you out with sorting your foods out, then that’s the right number of compartments. You’re not always planning to take the same kind of food with you, right? So, in order to save them from getting too much into each other, make sure you’ve got the required number of compartments in the box.
‘Accident’ is probably the most common word for a construction site. So, you can’t count your lunch box safe from that either. In case you or anyone drops it accidentally or puts anything heavy on it, you won’t want it to get broken, right? If so, then pick a lunch box that comes with construction level durability.
Unlike the regular offices, you ain’t going to get to stay in one location for too long in a construction site. So, wherever you’ll move, your lunch box will have to walk with you too. That’s why you’re going to need it to be easily portable in the first place.
When you’re working at a construction site, there’s no way to ensure that your lunchbox won’t have any spillages within. But that doesn’t mean they’ll have to come out through a corner or the joints. So, check out if the box can handle the spills and can prevent an awkward situation there.
You don’t love chewing those hard cold foods, do you? Then we guess you know how good the box is with maintaining the temperature within is clearly a game-changing fact.
So, having a better insulation property is indeed an essential part of the box. If you really don’t want to spoil the taste of your food, then grab a box that lets you have it the way it’s been packed in the morning.
5 Best Lunchbox for Construction Workers
We promised you the finest. So, here comes the list you were waiting for. Let’s get started then?
1. Klein Tools 55600 Lunch Box
- Lunch box keeps cool up to 30 hours; main compartment has a 17-Quart (16.1 L), 18 can capacity
- Cooler supports up to 300 pounds (136.1 kg); not only does this carry lunch, it doubles as a handy...
- Inside storage compartment, lid opens full 180-degrees to access and holds items like phone,...
- Lid stays open at 90-degrees to allow uninterrupted access; no rust stainless steel hinged lid is...
- Shoulder strap holds lid in place while carrying and easily converts to a handle
Imagine you promised your buddies the homemade cool juice, and then you finally handed it over, and it started tasting like plain warm water with sugar. Bring the 55600 lunch box cum cooler from Klein Tools, and you won’t have to go through the same inconvenience twice for sure.
Even if you forget to get your chilled drink out for hours, it can keep it that way for a long time, to be exact – for 30 long hours. With its 16.1L main compartment, it has a total capacity of 18 can. So, no matter how much food or drink you need for a day, it can easily keep up.
On top of that, if you need a place to sit in the workplace, just make it useful, like a chair. With its ability to hold up to 300 lbs, you ain’t going to fall down for sure.
But what amazed us about this design is its lid that you can open with 180° access that allows you to have space for smaller items like utensils, mobile, keys, etc. Thanks to its shoulder strap, it’s super convenient to carry anywhere you go.
And if you feel like you’re going to need a handle for it, you can just convert this adjustable strap into a handle.
- Keeps things cool for 30 hours
- Comes with a huge storage capacity
- Can be used as a chair to sit
- Capable of holding 300 lbs
- The adjustable strap makes it easy to carry
- Strap gets dirty easily
2. Igloo BMX Cooler
- Heavy duty blow-molded construction with reinforced base for increased strength and protection.
- Extremely durable yet lightweight with proven 4-5 day ice retention
- UV inhibitors protect the cooler against sun damage for extended life.
- Rust-resistant, stainless-steel hinge rods and hardware provide extended performance.
- Rubberized T-grip latches keep lid secure.
Missing a tough and cool lunch box lately? Don’t worry; the BMX cooler is here to save the day. This bad boy is meant to keep things at a freezing level as long as you want.
The best thing about this 25-Qt capacity cooler is it can hold the temp even if you need to put your things there for days – thanks to its ice retention ability that can keep foods and drinks cool for 4 long days. With its heavy-duty blow-molded construction, you won’t have to think twice about its strength level or protection.
Don’t go with the look and call it heavyweight just yet. Because once you pick it up, you’ll feel like it’s the lightest cooler you’ve had so far. One more thing that has added an extra star to its durability is the UV inhibitors. Now, not even the sun can cause any serious damage to this cooler.
Plus, the stainless-steel made hinge rods and other hardware are totally rust-resistant. And by keeping the lid secured, its rubberized T-grip latches didn’t leave any scope to complain.
- Capable of maintaining temperature for 4-days
- The storage capacity is significantly high
- UV inhibitors increase the durability
- Comes with a solid construction
- Lightweight and rust-resistant
- A bit big for a single meal
3. Stanley Classic Lunch Box
- CLASSIC LUNCH CONTAINER: Inspired by the 1950s-style lunch boxes, Stanley built this so working men...
- TOUGH AND DURABLE: Stanley lunchbox is manufactured with 0 6mm SPCD steel for superior durability...
- LARGE CAPACITY LUNCH PAIL: With 10qts of storage this lunch box can feed an entire crew for a full...
- EASY TO CARRY: Work is hard enough - that's why we gave this lunch box a top-handle that makes it...
It’s time to go back to the 1950s century. Don’t worry; we’re not taking you for a time travel but going to tell you about something more than enough to make you feel nostalgic. It’s the Classic Lunch Box from Stanley we’re talking about.
This 6mm SPCD steel made container is simply a perfect example of strength. Thanks to the single wall insulation, now you can say goodbye to the days of carrying your meals in paper bags. It doesn’t matter whether you like it hot or cold, it can keep the food in both conditions.
If the leaks are what bothers you the most, then the sturdy latch and hinges will be there to get you rid of them. Though unlike those humongous lunch boxes, it doesn’t come with a ton of space; its 10qts of storage is probably more than enough for your whole team.
And you won’t even need to break a sweat to carry it around. Just hold it with the top handle and take it anywhere you need.
- Made of durable material
- Can keep the food hot and cold
- Prevents the leakings
- Comes with a decent storage capacity
- Easy to carry around
- Comes in two colors only
4. Koolatron LBS-01
- Classic Style Meets Modern Technology: Koolaton has combined the timeless look of a classic...
- Powerful Heating Right Where You Want It: Innovative portable stove plugs into a 12V receptacle and...
- 1.6 Qt (1.5 L) Capacity: With its 1.6 quart (1.5 liter) capacity, this heating lunch box lets you...
- 12V Power Cord with Built-in Storage: Comes with a 6 ft (1.8m) 12V power cord that wraps neatly...
- Durable Construction and Easy Cleanup: Durable black ABS exterior and food-safe aluminum interior...
Sometimes having a bite on your lunch gives you a feel like chewing a pile of ice – cold and tasteless. But if you want to warm it up a bit, then stop thinking too much and bring in the LBS-01from Koolatron.
This 12-Volt Lunch Box Stove can take the heat up to 300°F. So, whether you want to warm your food or cook it, it can help you out with both. All you need to do is just plug it into your car.
And the capacity? The number is 1.5 liters there. So, you can be sure that you ain’t going to run short of food at lunch. But what has made it more of a perfect lunch box is its 3.8 lbs weight, so you can carry it anywhere you want. Thanks to its top handle that has eased up the carrying part more than ever.
On top of that, as it comes in Black color, you won’t need to take a headache about its dirtiness being visible easily. So, rather than wiping it every now and then, you can do so after taking a gap there.
- Capable of generating heat up to 300°F
- Can be activated with a simple plug-in
- Weighs only 3.8 lbs
- Tough to detect the dirtiness
- Highly convenient to use
- The capacity could’ve been higher
5. Stanley Camping Cooler
- STAYS ICE COLD: The adventure cooler has double-wall foam insulation that keeps this ice box cold...
- TOUGH AND DURABLE: The high-density polyethylene outer shell, sturdy latches allow this cooler to...
- EASY TO TRANSPORT: The heavy-duty top handle makes this cooler easy to grab and carry. The strings...
- LEAK PROOF: The silicone gasket on the lid ensures superior insulation and makes this completely...
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: ‘BUILT FOR LIFE’. Since 1913 we’ve promised to provide rugged, capable gear...
It’s time to finish off our review part with a name you’re familiar with. It’s the Camping Cooler from Stanley.
To get it the ultimate durability with ultra toughness, team Stanley built the outer shell with high-density polyethylene. As a cherry on the top, the BPA-free material has terminated every possibility of having any health issues from it.
We’re not done with the construction part yet. It’s solid latches make sure that you’re getting a perfect sealing there. Plus, if you’re going to need your Stanley vacuum bottle, it has the system to hold that as well.
And in case you’re worried about the insulation level, then the lid’s silicone gasket ain’t going slip any temperature out by keeping it leakproof. So, you can expect nothing but a 40% longer cooling time than your regular coolers. To be exact, it’s 27 hours.
Now comes the portability. Well, no matter how good the specs are, you can’t call it more than a regular box if it’s not easily portable. Thanks to its 3.9lbs weight and heavy-duty top handle for easing that part up.
- Boasts durable and tough construction
- Made of BPA-free material
- Sports a better insulation system
- Can keep things cool for 27 hours
- Conveniently portable and lightweight
- Comes with no extra feature
Top 5 Lunchbox Comparison Table for Construction Workers
Klein Tools 55600 Lunch Box
Gray with Orange
1 Liters, 17 Quarts
Igloo BMX Cooler
Stanley Classic Lunch Box
Hammer Tone Green
Stanley Camping Cooler
How to Properly Clean Your Lunch Box or Lunch Bag?
You’re not in love with viruses and bacteria, are you? If so, then stop taking it lightly that your lunch box or bag needs to be cleaned on a regular basis. You might not like it, but daily cleaning is much more effective if you want total sanitization.
Don’t worry; it ain’t any hard nut to crack. Just follow some simple steps, and it’ll be done before you know it.
Step – 1: Look for the visible debris first and clean them up if you see any on the box or bag’s surface. If you need, use a brush.
Step – 2: Take one teaspoon of bleach and mix it up with cold water. The proportion of water has to be equivalent to five cups.
Step – 3: Now put the mixture in a spray bottle. In case you don’t have that, you can also use a clean cloth and soak it into the mixture.
Step – 4: Apply the mixture all over the box’s surface by using the spray or wet cloth.
Step – 5: Once you’re done, let it be there for two minutes.
Step – 6: Take a soft, clean cloth and wipe it completely dry.
Lunch Box Materials and Lunch Box Safety
No matter if you’re looking for a lunchbox for an adult or a kid, if you pick one with the wrong material, you better be ready for the illness that might come ahead. When you’re using a lunch box made of toxic material, it surely will get into the food as well. And the last time we checked, that was harmful to the human body.
But you can prevent that by avoiding lunch boxes that are made of or includes certain material. For example, as Phthalates can cause problems to the hormonal process, you need to avoid that. The same goes for the Lead, as it can affect brain development.
Melamine, Chlorine, Dioxin – none of them are any innocent materials either for a lunch box. Count the Cadmium, Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), and BPA (Bisphenol-A) in that list too. They all are more than enough to push you to severe health issues gradually.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which brand is best for a lunch box?
Though it’s better to focus on the product rather than the brand only, often when a brand starts with good products, they usually don’t take a step back. From that sense, if you’re asking for the best brand, then it’s tough to take the name of just one.
On the list of the best, the names we can’t help taking are Klein Tools, Igloo, Stanley, and Koolatron. You can choose any of them, and there’s a very lean chance of you being disappointed with the purchase.
What is the most expensive lunch box?
When it’s about the quality, often the price stops mattering. Yet, you have a budget to take care of too. So, if it’s the most expensive lunch box you’re asking for, then we can’t speak of a name from our list as they all are quite affordable.
Why is a lunch box called a lunchbox?
It’s quite normal for people to spend a bigger portion of the daytime out of their house in work or schools. Within this time, the most important meal they take in is lunch.
As they often eat their dinner or breakfast at home, they don’t need to carry a box of meals anymore at that time. But lunchtime is quite the opposite. So, isn’t it pretty rhetorical to call it a lunchbox?
What lunch box keeps food cold the longest?
Usually, the coolers are good enough to keep the food cool for at least 24 hours, except for some low-end ones. But when you need something that can keep it cool for days, then you can pick the Igloo BMX Cooler with closed eyes. It can keep the food cool for 4 days. Even a short trip doesn’t last that long.
What is the best lunchbox for adults?
Being the best doesn’t depend on the consumer’s age range but how and where they’re being used. But yet we’ve tried to find the finest for you and if you want them, just have a glance at our list of the best above.
There’s no way to deny that construction work is one of the toughest jobs in the world. So, whatever construction workers take to the site or use, those have to be equally tough, even if it’s a box that they take with for their lunch.
If you’re one of them, you know that pretty well too. That’s why we thought of suggesting to you the best lunchbox for construction workers so that you won’t have to get back home with a broken one.