Are you craving a juicy, steaming hot burger? Trust us, there’s nothing better than a custom-designed, homemade burger. And for that perfectly round burger patty, you’re going to need the best hamburger press out there.
Whether you’re going with the traditional beef or turkey patty, or a vegan or vegetarian patty, a burger press will save you from unnecessary kneading and shaping and will give your patty a consistent shape, size, and weight.
In this article, you’ll find out how to pick the right hamburger press, what are the 5 best presses, and how to maintain this simple and useful kitchen essential. Let’s get started!
Editor’s Recommendation: Top 5 Hamburger Press
Features to Look for Before Buying Burger Press
Before you read the reviews, you must keep these following features in mind to decide which one is the perfect press for you.
As with many products, the material of your burger press is of the utmost importance. These burgers presses are made of either metal, which can be aluminum or steel, or plastic. A plastic press is much easier to clean but is not as durable. Steel and aluminum presses have the most durability.
Aluminum is the best choice if you want something non-stick. On the other hand, stainless steel will go nicely with the overall decor of your kitchen.
What size press you’ll get will depend on the size of the patty you prefer. The size of the press refers to the diameter and thickness. Regular burger presses make patties that have a diameter of 4 inches and a thickness of half an inch to one and a half inches.
But if you want your patties to be bigger than that, then you need to find a press that makes it bigger than the standard-sized patties.
Ease of Maintenance
Another important factor to consider is how easy it is to maintain. Since this product is going to be handling your food, you want to make sure it can be cleaned properly and easily. A burger press that doesn’t have too many components that need to be dismantled is easier to clean.
A non-stick press will make sure of two things. First, it’s easier to take out the patty once it’s shaped and sized. Second, there’ll be nothing sticking to it when you’re going to clean it. Also, it’ll make your life a lot easier if the burger press is dishwasher-safe.
When it comes to using the press, you want something that has an ergonomic handle.
10 Best Hamburger Press Reviews
Below, we’ll review our top picks so that you can easily choose the perfect hamburger press for you.
1. Weston Burger Express Hamburger Press With Patty Ejector
- Press your favorite ground meat & seasonings into consistent, perfectly packed burgers
- Spring plunger button compacts the patty tightly then pops back for quick patty removal
- Also great for making stuffed burgers, crab cakes & sausage patties
- Great for beef, venison, and other wild game
- Make consistent burgers that cook evenly and don't fall apart on the grill
First up is the highly popular and a favorite among customers. The Weston Burger Express will give you a perfectly round and consistently packed burger every time. This is a single patty press, but you can also get the one with the double patty.
There’s a spring plunger button of the press that’ll not only make the patty snug and tight inside the press but will also pop back to let you remove the patty effortlessly.
This press is also great for stuffed burgers, sausage patties, and crab cakes. Whether you want beef, turkey, or a venison burger, the Weston Burger Express will press out any ground meat with its seasonings into perfect patties for your family.
The heavy-duty cast aluminum body makes the press durable and non-stick. It packs the patty tightly into 4 and a half inches of diameter. You can choose the thickness of your patty from ¼ inch to one and a half inches. The weight of your patty will be somewhere from ¼ pound to ¾ pound.
And this aluminum press is also super easy to clean. You just have to remove the parts and wipe them down. Use the patty paper when you want to make multiple patties to separate them without any mess.
- Non-stick coating ensures no sticking
- Spring plunger allows easy ejection of the patty
- Made of heavy-duty cast aluminum
- Adjustable patty thickness
- Not dishwasher-safe
2. Cuisinart CSBP-100 3-in-1 Stuffed Burger Press
- Ultimate 3-in-1 burger making tool
- Makes stuffed burgers, sliders, and regular burgers
- Dishwasher safe
- Non-stick coating
Another favorite of the customers is this 3-in-1 burger press that’s great for stuffed burgers. It can be employed to make regular burger patties and also sliders. The perfect fix to your burger cravings or a sudden house party, this is the best hamburger patty maker for your home.
There’s no need for any wax paper when you’re using this product as the surface is completely non-stick. The patties will come out round and smooth, ready to be fried or grilled.
It’s so easy to use, even your child will be able to press out burger patties. All you have to do is load a couple of handfuls of meat onto the dish of the press and use the lid to press for round tightly packed patty.
If you want to make stuffed burgers, just put in about 3 ounces of meat onto the dish and compress with press one, and you’ll have a bowl-like space for your stuffing. Once you fill in space with your favorite stuffings, go ahead a load up another 3 ounces of meat and give a final press.
The Cuisinart will give you 2.5 inch and 4.5-inch patties with adjustable thickness. Your guests will be easily impressed by the restaurant-style patties you can now serve up with the signature sear mark.
- Non-stick coating
- 3-in-1 style burger press
- Sear mark on the patties
- No press for the slider patty
- Made of plastic so not very durable
3. GWHOLE Non-Stick Burger Press Aluminum Hamburger Patty Maker
- Food-grade aluminum die-cast, pie plate as a whole, the quality is reliable
- Simply load the burger maker with meat, fish or a veggie mixture and press down the handle to...
- Non-stick cast aluminum, 100 free parchment paper included, which makes releasing the burger from...
- More than a mold. Can be used as a roast plate and heated on the fire directly
- Detachable solid plastic handle saves storage space when going out for picnic or outdoor BBQ
The GWHOLE non-stick burger press will be a useful addition to your kitchen equipment. This one features not the usual 30 pieces of wax but a whopping 100 pieces, which will serve you in three different ways.
You can use the wax paper for lining your press before you put the meat so that it’s easier to take it out. And last but not least, they can be used as a base over grills if you think the top is rusted or dirty.
Moreover, the food-grade aluminum cast used in making this burger patty press makes it long-lasting and safe for food. And the great thing about this press is that you can even put it on direct heat on the stovetop or the grill.
Also, the 4.3-inch diameter will give you a standard-sized burger patty, and the thickness can be adjusted according to your preference. The plastic handle, along with the whole aluminum cast body, is totally dishwasher-safe. Making burgers at home has never been easier when you’ve got the GWHOLE non-stick burger press.
It’s the long-lasting, heavy-duty food grade aluminum construction, the 100 pieces of free wax paper, and it’s the capability to give the perfectly rounded and even patty shape that makes it the best hamburger press on the market.
- Food grade aluminum body makes press long-lasting
- 100 pieces of wax paper free with the package
- Can be put on direct heat as a roasting plate
- Must use wax paper every time otherwise patty tends to stick
4. Meykers Burger Press 100 Patty Papers Set
- |𝗕𝘂𝘆𝟮𝗼𝗿𝗠𝗼𝗿𝗲, 𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗼𝗦𝗮𝘃𝗲𝟳%| 100% Satisfaction...
- Making Hamburger Elegantly – Perfectly round-shaped burger patties with grooves for the...
- Never Stick Again by Free Patty Papers : Non-stick cast aluminum surface, 100 free parchment papers...
- Superior Quality as A Roast Plate : The molds were made of high quality food-grade metal, it can...
- Saving Storage Space : The detachable solid plastic handle can be detached and reattached anytime...
Take the Meykers burger press to your next camping trip, and it’ll spice up your BBQ party like never before. With this reasonably priced burger press, you’ll get patties that are shaped nicely and looks nothing less than a restaurant-style patty in no time.
No need to worry about the patties falling apart in the grill as they’ll be tightly packed and perfectly round. The consistency in the shape and size will allow your patties to cook evenly throughout. You’ll also get a professional look due to the grill grooves on both sides.
This burger press package also includes 100 pieces of parchment paper cut in the shape of the press to fit nicely in it. The raw patty won’t stick to the press when being compressed. It’ll also be helpful when you’re stacking your patties before grilling or preparing them to freeze and store.
The parchment paper will also make clean up super easy as there won’t be any build-up of raw meat in the press. If you want, you can also put the press on direct heat as it’s made with food-grade metal.
Also, this heavy-duty aluminum non-stick burger press is also long-lasting. It won’t break or fall apart. Easy to clean either by hand or in the dishwasher.
You might be thinking the handle will take up too much space in your bag but worry not. The scratch-resistant plastic handle is completely detachable. It’ll save you storage space as you can just detach the handle when packed and reattach it anytime.
- Non-stick coating and comes with wax paper
- Made of food-grade aluminum alloy
- The handle is plastic and detachable
- The size of patties may be smaller than expected
5. Odowalker Burger Press Hamburger Maker Mould Machine Set
- The diameter of the burger is about 4.5 inches (11.5cm). Perfectly shaped burger press complete with...
- High quality durable environmentally protection materials, non-toxic odorless
- Non-stick surfaces, Palm shaped always make perfect Hamburger patties and cook evenly on the grill
- Easy to use, clean up and store, BBQ patty juicy regular beef burger maker
- Family manufacture meat hamburger quickly and easily, Enjoy happy time together
The last one on our list is a stylish hamburger press fit for any household. It serves up a nice 4 and a half inch patty each time with grill grooves for that ultimate professional look.
Made with non-toxic and odorless plastic, it is non-stick, so your raw patty won’t stick to the press. The palm-shaped patties will cook evenly as you’ll get a consistent shape throughout.
You can remove the bottom of the press to release the burger patty, which works better than just using wax paper and pulling them out. This way is easier, creates less mess as the patty drops clean on your grill or pan.
One thing that’s essential in any kitchen appliance is the ease of the cleanup process. This hamburger patty press is very easy to clean as no raw patty residue stays on the press. You can also chuck it in the dishwasher, and it’ll come out squeaky clean. The handle on this thing is a stylish red color to add to the decor of your kitchen.
And you’ll get a regular-sized burger at 4 and a half inches of diameter. The thickness can be adjusted up to ½ inch according to what you want. If you want thinner patties, just load up less amount of meat and press hard to make them thinner.
- Non-toxic and odorless plastic body
- Makes standard-sized patties at 4 ½ inches
- Non-stick and removable bottom
- The red color on the handle tends to bleed even after multiple washes
6. Cuisinart Smashed Burger Press
- HEAVY WEIGHT: Heavy weight to help smash the patty down to a 6” flat patty shape.
- DO IT LIKE THE PROS: Place a piece of parchment paper over the loosely packed ball of meat before...
- CAST IRON PRESS: Heavy-duty, 6" cast iron burger press helps create perfect, flavorful patties every...
- CRISPY EDGES AND JUICY CENTER: Crispy, cracked edges and a juicy center is what you can expect when...
- Note: Colors and styles may vary due to product enhancement
So, your burger patties are turning in smashed disappointments lately? Well, then maybe Smashed Burger Press from Cuisinart can do something about it.
With a 6.5″ size, this heavy-weight press can simply get you that perfect-sized patty you’ve asked for in your burger so far. And worrying about the juices coming out with the press? Not a chance when the 1-cm raised edge is here to keep them locked within.
But what will make you love it more is the level of ease it comes with. Pick the packed meatball, put it on a parchment paper piece, and press with it – the whole job is going to take just a few seconds, as the professional does. We bet you’d love to do it that way too.
On top of that, the way it creates crispy and cracked edges without compromising the juicy center, it’ll be tough to resist a burger with that. And don’t think about it breaking apart any sooner. After all, that’s the prime motive to construct it with solid cast-iron, isn’t it?
- Made of solid cast iron
- Creates crispy and cracked edges
- Big diameter makes big patties
- Too easy to use
- Keeps the juices locked in
- Could’ve been a little thin
7. Grillaholics Stuffed Burger Press
- SAY GOODBYE TO BORING BURGERS - The Grillaholics Stuffed Burger Press Patty Maker & Burger Stuffer...
- FUN & EASY TO USE FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY - Our unique burger patty maker design is so easy to use that...
- CREATE PERFECTLY UNIFORM PATTIES - There’s nothing worse than a hand-shaped patty that doesn’t...
- NO MORE MESSY CLEANUP - Who wants to focus on cleanup after dinner? Nobody. That's why we...
- EXPERIENCE THE GRILLAHOLICS PROMISE - All of our products are backed by the Grillaholics Promise,...
Do you count yourself among the master grillers? Well, no tool can make you that, but if you’re working with burger patties, then the Stuffed Burger Press from Grillaholics can surely be a great help.
If you love ease more than anything while cooking, then this one is made for you. With a three-step process, it won’t take a ton of time for you to make a pile of delicious burgers.
But it’s not that the ease came out of nowhere. Thanks to its durable plastic material for that. By the way, it’s BPA-free. So, rather than worrying about your food safety, you can relax and have your bite. Plus, it’s non-stick too. So, you’ve got zero chance of getting a damaged patty due to sticking.
This three-part burger press can easily make a patty with the size of 4″. So, you won’t have to end up in huge patties if you don’t want to.
Now comes the cleaning as every time you’ll try to make a burger, there’ll be a mess, more or less. So what the makers have thought of is making it dishwasher safe. Now, keeping it clean will be nothing but easy as pie.
- Constructed with durable plastic material
- Makes patties up to 4″
- The material is BPA free
- Doesn’t stick to the surface
- Totally dishwasher safe
- Can’t make bigger patties
8. Norpro Mini Burger Press
- Press measures 3.75 inches/9.5cm by 9 inches/23cm by 6 inches/15cm
- Shapes six uniform 2-ounce slider/mini patties; Ideal for beef, chicken, turkey, pork and vegetable...
- Nonstick cast aluminum
- Wood handle
- Hand washing recommended
Imagine, there’s a party going on, and you’ve promised your pals a pile of burgers. Sounds tough to make it within a short time? Well, not if you’ve got the Mini Burger Press from Norpro.
How many burger patties can you make with one press when you’ve got a regular burger press? One only! Guess how much can this one make? Six! Yup, you’ve heard it right. Six of them at once! So, no matter how many mini patties you’re going to need, it can make them just in a few minutes.
By the way, what kinds of patties do you like the most? Is it turkey, beef, chicken, or vegetable? Don’t worry, it can make all of them and, of course, with a grilled pattern. Once you’re done, cleaning and maintaining will be a piece of cake.
And you don’t even need to take a headache about the stickiness as its cast aluminum surface is not only durable but non-stick as well. On top of that, the beautiful wood handle makes it feel like nothing less than an elegant kitchen tool. And yes, it’s comfortable too.
- Comes with a comfortable wood handle
- Can make six patties at once
- Boasts a non-stick surface
- Makes a beautiful grilled pattern
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Not compatible with dishwashers
9. Bellemain Burger Press Patty Maker
- Makes burger patties from 1/4" to 1 1/2" thick
- Patty diameter 4 1/2"
- Spring-loaded pusher for easy patty removal
- Non-stick coating for quick, complete patty release
- Heavy-duty aluminum housing
Giving the patties the desired thickness is probably a hard nut for you to crack. But maybe that’s because you didn’t have the Burger Press Patty Maker from Bellemain.
The worst part about patty makers is they get useless after a certain period of time. But the right material can push it up to a durability level where you can have it for years. Guess what? That’s what the team Bellemain did by getting this patty maker the heavy-duty aluminum housing.
And the size of the patty? Doesn’t matter if you need a patty with any thickness from 1/4″ to 1-1/2″, it can make any of them. But what is the point of thickness if the diameter is not decent enough? Well, you ain’t going to be disappointed there as well once you see its patty diameter of 4-1/2″.
But the beauty of this patty maker is its spring-loaded pusher. After all, that’s what makes removing the patty easier than ever. Don’t give it the entire credit yet, as the non-stick coating helps with the quick release as well.
- Comes with durable, heavy-duty aluminum housing
- Easy release with non-stick coating
- Possible to customize the patty thickness
- Keeps the diameter at a decent size
- Easy to use with spring-loaded pusher
- Not the easiest one to clean
10. SOOSHOW Burger Press
It’s time to reveal the last one on our list. But we bet it’s going to make you fall in love like any other high-end burger press you’ve seen so far. After all, it’s the Burger Press from SOOSHOW.
If you’re a fan of utensils made of stainless steel, then we guess in no time, this one will be on your favorite’s list too. And durability? The material is more than enough to make you understand how long it’s going to last. Plus, the non-stick coating makes both removing patties and cleaning a piece of cake.
By the way, the material is food-safe. So, you don’t need to worry about that while taking a bite of your burger. And thickness? Well, if you’ll look at the handle closely, you’ll see it comes with the option of thickness adjustment. Plus, it’s super easy to use as well, with four simple steps.
And for cleaning you can use both your hands and dishwasher. That’s totally up to you. For better cleaning, you can disassemble it into 3 different parts too.
- Can be disassembled for better cleaning
- Easy to adjust patty thickness
- Cleanable with hands and dishwasher
- Made of food-safe stainless steel
- Comes with a convenient usage process
- Can make mini patties only
Hamburger Press and Patty Maker Comparison Table
Uses & Cares
Weston Burger Express
Crabcake and Sausage Press
4 ½ inch
Not Dishwasher safe
Cuisinart CSBP-100 3-in-1 Stuffed Burger Press
3-in-1 Stuffed Burger Press
Aluminum Hamburger Patty Maker
Non-Stick Burger Press
Meykers Burger Press 100 Patty Papers Set
Non-Stick Hamburger Press
Odowalker Burger Press
How to Use a Hamburger Press?
Hamburger presses are supposed to make you live a little less complicated. With a burger press, you won’t have to spend 10 minutes for each patty trying to get the perfect round shape with consistency in the thickness. A press will do the job for you and better. This is how simple it is to use a hamburger press.
Line the press with the wax paper, so the patty doesn’t stick, and it’s easier to take out. Even if you have a non-stick burger press, we recommend you use a wax paper as you can separate your patties easily.
Next, take about 4 ounces of meat or patty mixture and put it on the dish of your burger press. Press on the meat with the lid with force. Try to go in a couple for times to make sure the meat is spread properly. Take off the lid and remove the patty—grill, fry, or store.
How to Keep a Burger Press Clean and Functional
As a food processing tool, a burger press needs to be cleaned and maintained carefully to prevent contamination of your food. That’s why you should always clean your burger press before and after using it as properly as possible.
When you take your new burger press out of the box, we suggest you sanitize it with food-grade sanitizer. This will remove any harmful chemicals that might be present in the press from the factory.
After using it, detach the parts that can be removed and clean it thoroughly using water and soap. If your press is dishwasher-safe, you can put it in there, but trust us, you’ll be able to clean it much better with your own hands. And it won’t take you too long either since burger presses are usually small units.
And when cleaning the press, avoid using abrasives like wire sponge. Even if you’ve roasted your burger on the press dish and there’s patty stuck to it, don’t use steel wool to scrub it. Soak it in some water for a while and come back to it.
Once the stuck patty becomes soft, you can easily wipe it away with any dishwashing sponge. Using sponges like steel wool might decrease the pressing capability. Always dry your burger press before storing it away. It’ll prevent germs or molds from forming.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here we have the most commonly asked queries regarding the best hamburger presses:
What are some of the advantages of using a burger press?
Burger presses help you to make burger patties faster and more easily. You can choose your preferred meat or any vegetarian mix as your burger patty. It’ll give you a perfect round shape and your desired thickness.
A patty that has a consistent shape, size, and weight will cook evenly and enhance the flavor of your burger.
Are burger presses really non-stick?
Most burger presses use non-stick coating over aluminum or plastic dishes to help you remove the patty effortlessly. However, you’ll be much better off if you use a wax paper.
They come shaped especially for burger presses, and they not only help you remove the patty, but you can also use them to separate the patties before grilling or when freezing.
How does a burger press work?
When you load a meatball onto the press dish and press the lid, it compresses the meat into a round shape of even consistency.
How many patties can I make at a time?
Burger presses usually come in single presses, but there are some presses that make multiple at a time.
What can I use as stuffing?
Anything you want! Here are some ideas: cheese, tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, etc.
That was our pick of the best hamburger press on the market. Before you make your decision, consider the material and size that you want for your family and friends.
We sure you’ll find the perfect burger press for your next BBQ party from this list.