If there is any perfect multi-functional appliance for any brunch lover, it has to be the electric griddle. With this nifty tool, making breakfast becomes fast, efficient, and easy as pie. It allows you to prepare a true breakfast feast complete with eggs, bacon, and all other delicious goodness whenever you feel like it.
Although an electric griddle on its own is a pretty handy tool, if you go with an over-sized model, you can often get way more benefits out of it. Even if you disregard all the other advantages, the larger cooking surface alone often makes it worth investing in the best extra large electric griddles.
However, with so many units coming out every day crowding up the store shelves, it can get hard to find the perfect one for yourself. Whether you are a brunch expert, or an up and coming kitchen enthusiast, you need to invest in the right unit to get the desired result.
In this article, we will give you a complete rundown of some of the best models that you can buy from the market to make your breakfast and brunch even better.
Benefits of an Extra Large Electric Griddle
Before we give you our recommended list of products, let us talk about why it is important to invest in an extra-large electric girdle. If you are a gracious host who regularly brings friends over for morning brunches, it is better to invest in a larger unit. The extra cooking space really comes in handy.
- For one thing, you can make larger batches of pancakes quickly. Regardless of the number of guests you have, supplying pancakes for all of them will be quick and easy.
- If you prefer, you can cook other items in the extra space that you have on your griddle. For example, on one half of the pan, you can cook eggs and bacon, while on the other, you can bake sausage and pancakes.
- Since the cooking process takes less time with a larger griddle, you can give yourself some extra time to relax and enjoy the delicious meal with your friends.
- Since griddles are quite thin, storing a larger unit is not a hassle. You can even put it behind the microwave or refrigerator without an issue.
- Even if you take breakfast alone, there is nothing wrong with a larger griddle. That way, if you ever do decide to host a morning event, you will have your griddle at the ready to satisfy your guests.
Editor’s Recommendation: Top 5 Electric Griddles
5 Best Extra Large Electric Griddles Reviews
Now that you know why you would want to buy an oversized electric griddle, let us look at some of the models that you can buy. There are practically endless units available in the market, each claiming to be the better one. However, not all of them can live up to your expectations.
1. Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE: Cuisinart’s 5-1 griddler is a contact grill, panini press, full grill, full...
- EASY TO USE: The griddler plates (11-inch x 9-inch) are removable, reversible and are dishwasher...
- ALSO INCLUDED: Red/green indicator lights for easy operation, dishwasher-safe scraping tool for easy...
- CUSTOM CONTROL: Sturdy panini-style handle with hinged floating cover adjusts to thickness of food,...
- LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding...
The first unit that we will be looking at is by a reputed brand in the world of kitchen appliances. Cuisinart has been making its constant mark in every cooking sector with its high-quality kitchen products. The GR-4N by the brand provides you with an excellent way to make a healthy and delicious breakfast.
Moreover, the first thing that you notice with the unit is its versatility. It can serve as a contact grill, Panini press, full or half griddle, and even as a full or half grill. With a length of 13.50 inches, you will not be struggling for cooking space. And to get you started, you get a handy gourmet recipe book included with your purchase.
In addition, the adjustable temperature controls give you a lot of options in deciding how you want to cook. The nonstick cooking plates in the unit are designed to drain excess grease into the built-in drip tray, ensuring you a grease-free and nutritious meal.
It also features a sleek brushed stainless steel housing with a durable Panini-style handle. Cleaning the cooking plates is also effortless since you can just put it in the dishwasher by removing it from the griddle. The cover of the unit features a floating design that lets you cook thicker foods without any hassle.
- Excellent construction quality
- Includes a gourmet recipe book.
- Easy to clean
- Versatile design
- Some of the buttons are made of plastic
2. Presto Ceramic 22-inch Electric Griddle with removable handles
- Extra-large griddle-great for every meal and entertaining
- Special textured ceramic cooking surface provides enhanced nonstick performance and easier cleaning
- Removable handles for easy cleaning and compact storage
- Control Master heat control maintains desired cooking temperature
- Heavy cast aluminum griddle is virtually warp-proof
If you are looking for a budget-friendly electric griddle with a large cooking surface, then the Presto Ceramic griddle might be worth a consideration. It is a simple and straightforward appliance that allows you to cook any breakfast meal you want without ever struggling for space.
With this unit, you get 18 inches of surface space to do all of your cooking for yourself or your entire family. It comes with two large handles on either side and one handle on the top that you can even remove when you want to clean it or store it. Once removed, the entire unit is fully submersible for easier cleaning.
The surface of the unit is nonstick, making it easy for you to flip bacon, eggs, pancakes, and similar items without any effort. Thanks to the Control Master Heat Control function, you can set the proper temperature and maintain it for the optimal cooking experience.
Although the handles and base are made of cast aluminum, the cooking surface features a ceramic construction. As a result, you will be getting the full flavor of your meal. It does not contain any BPA and whatever you cook on the surface is safe to consume.
- Large cooking surface
- Heavy-duty cast aluminum base.
- Excellent heat control capability
- Nonstick ceramic cooking surface
- No apparent cons
3. Presto 07061 22-inch Electric Griddle With Removable Handles
- Premium nonstick surface provides stick-free cooking and easy cleaning. Slide-out drip tray removes...
- Control Master heat control maintains the desired cooking temperature automatically. Heavy cast...
- Griddle is fully immersible with the heat control removed.
- Simply open latch clips to detach handles from griddle base. No tools needed.
- With handles removed, base stores in most standard 18-inch kitchen cabinets.Cooking area: 231 square...
It looks like another unit by the brand Presto has made its way on our list. Like the previous entry, this model also caught our attention because of its simple and convenient design. Although it matches some of the features of the previous unit, there are a few things extra that you should know about this one.
The unit gives you a large 231 square inches of cooking surface. Similar to the last unit, you can remove the handles on the side without any tools for easier storage. Once the handle is removed, you can easily clean the unit and store it inside a standard 18-inch kitchen cabinet.
You also get the excellent Control Master Heat Control function with the unit to maintain the optimal cooking temperature. In addition, the nonstick surface ensures your food does not stick. Both the drip tray and heat control can be removed, which can make it easier to clean the unit.
The main difference between this one and the previous one is the construction material. This particular model features a plastic cooking surface with a heavy-duty aluminum base. As a result, the price of the unit is also quite lower than the other one.
- Affordable price tag
- Comes with an excellent nonstick cooking surface
- Allows you to remove the components without any tools
- Control Master Heat Control function works perfectly
- Does raise some BPA concerns due to the plastic cooking surface
4. Broil King PCG-10 Professional Portable Nonstick Griddle
- NEW environmentally friendly non-stick with non-stick coating
- Removable stainless-steel backsplash; rear legs help facilitate grease run-off.
- Adjustable heat up to 400 degrees F; cool-touch stainless-steel handles.
- Removable grease tray; immersible base with temperature probe removed.
- Unit Dimensions: W:29”x D:12.5”x H:5.5". Cooking surface dimensions: 21"x12"
Next up, we will be looking at a product aimed at the professionals. However, the design of the unit allows you to make use of it just as efficiently in a home kitchen environment. The Broil King PCG 10 is a fine little unit that fits anywhere and gives you excellent cooking experience.
The unit features a surface dimension of 21 X 12 inches, which should be enough for anything you want to prepare in the morning. Its removable stainless-steel backsplash and the rear legs ensure grease does not accumulate on the surface and runs off smoothly.
In addition, the nonstick surface ensures a smooth experience in flipping food, while the temperature control probe gives you the option to set the optimal temperature easily. You can also remove the control probe while cleaning so that the electronics do not get damaged in any way.
The unit features a strong and sturdy stainless-steel construction. However, the ceramic coating on the cooking surface ensures proper taste for any food you prepare on it. In addition, the stainless steel handles feel sturdy and strong and allow you to carry it anywhere without any hassle.
- Strong and durable construction
- Ceramic coating does not affect the flavor
- Adjustable temperature control up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Removable components for easier cleaning and storage
- Electronics are not very durable
5. BELLA (14606) Copper Titanium Coated Non-Stick Electric Griddle
- ELECTRIC GRIDDLE: This hardworking griddle features a 1500 watt heating system, cool touch handles &...
- DURABLE & EFFICIENT: The unique ceramic non-stick coating is 8 times more durable & cooks up to 30%...
- NONSTICK COOKING: This griddle's Healthy-Eco coating contains no harmful chemicals like lead &...
- KITCHEN ESSENTIALS: BELLA offers a full range of high-quality products including air fryers, waffle...
- MIX IT UP: The kitchen should be fun. With BELLA It can be. We provide you with quick & convenient...
Wrapping up our list of reviews, we will be looking at an interesting unit by the brand BELLA. Despite its large cooking surface, the overall structure of the unit is quite compact. In addition, it comes at a pretty reasonable price, making it a must-have for any morning person.
The unit features a surface dimension of 20 inches in length and 10.5 inches wide, giving you ample space to do your cooking. It comes with cool-touch handles that stay, well, cool, and allows you to handle the appliance easily without feeling the heat from your cooking.
For its temperature control, it features a single knob control hub that allows you to go up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Its removable drip tray is dishwasher friendly and ensures your food remains grease-free.
The combination of the large cooking surface and efficient heating allows you to prepare breakfast for the entire family without any hassle on your part.
Another interesting part of the unit is its copper titanium cooking surface. This material ensures that heat is distributed evenly while keeping the surface nonstick for better handling of food. The control unit is also removable, and you can clean the griddle easily at the sink without worrying about any electronic failures.
- Excellent cooking surface material
- Compact form factor
- Efficient heat distribution
- Affordable price tag
- No apparent cons
5 Best Extra Large Electric Griddles Comparison
Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler
Silver With Silver/Black Dials
Presto Ceramic 22-inch Electric Griddle
Presto 07061 22-inch Electric Griddle
Broil King PCG-10 Professional Portable Nonstick Griddle
BELLA (14606) Copper Titanium
Things to Consider when Buying the Best Extra Large Electric Griddle
With the list of products out of the way, we can delve into some of the features that you need to consider when buying the best extra large electric griddle. Without looking at these aspects, you cannot be sure about the quality of the unit that you are buying.
If you want to get the most value out of your investment, here are the few things that you should consider before buying it.
The cooking surface of the electric griddle is one of the first element that you need to consider. This is the part that comes in contact with your food. So if the surface is not right, your food will not taste good and will lose some of its flavors. Some materials are notorious for ruining the taste of your food.
Plastic cooking surface, for instance, is something that you want to avoid in most cases. Some plastic surfaces can even release harmful chemicals such as BPA that can cause health issues. Stainless steel surfaces are a great option if you want the best heat distribution.
Ceramic surfaces are also an excellent candidate for your cooking surface. The best thing about the ceramic cooking surface is its neutral flavor. It does not impact the taste of your food to the slightest. Although its heating efficiency is not the same as that of a stainless steel surface, it is pretty decent.
These days, you can even find some models that feature a copper titanium surface. This material can be a good option as it does not affect the flavor but also provides excellent heat distribution. Price-wise, plastic is the most affordable option. But when it comes to food, you should always give priority to quality.
The cooking surface is what contributes to the quality of the food. But the durability of the unit does not only depend on the surface where you cook. You also need to check other parts such as the handle, the base, and even the temperature control hub that comes with the device to understand its sturdiness.
If you have the option, you should always opt for stainless steel handles. However, you also need to make sure the handle does not get too hot, or you would have a hard time using the griddle.
When it comes to the base, you can either go for stainless steel or heavy-duty cast aluminum base. Both of these options are great and will give you a decent lifespan out of your device. Always avoid plastic or low-level metal base as they do not survive very long.
Another critical element that you need to check with the unit is its heating efficiency. Heat is a crucial element of cooking, and if the griddle cannot distribute heat evenly, you will not get a good experience from it. Most of the time, it will result in undercooked eggs and bacon that nobody wants to eat.
However, the maximum temperature of the unit should also be controlled. In most cases, you do not require the griddle to go above 400 degrees Fahrenheit. As long as the griddle can reach the temperature in a respectable time, you can safely go for it.
However, time is also important for efficient heating. For best results, you not only need a griddle that gets hot, but you also need something that can get hot at a small amount of time. When choosing your griddle, make sure the heat is distributed evenly in the least amount of time.
Storage and Cleanup
The last thing you need to consider is the storage and cleanup options you get with the unit. With your food, it is important to maintain proper hygiene. For this reason, you need to clean your griddle daily after you use it to make breakfast for yourself or your family.
If you want complete hands-free cleaning, you will get more value out of investing in a dishwasher friendly griddle. That way, you can simply toss it in the dishwasher when you are done cooking, and the washer will do the rest. However, those models can be costly, and sometimes the griddle is not even cleaned properly.
What you want for easy cleanup are removable parts. For instance, if the unit allows you to remove the handles, you are essentially left with a flat surface that you can easily scrub clean in the sink. However, if the drip tray is dishwasher-friendly, that can save you a lot of time.
With removable parts, storing the appliance also becomes much easier. Since you are buying an extra-large griddle, you cannot store it in any cabinet. However, with the handles removed, most griddles can fit behind the kitchen counter or inside the cabinets without any trouble.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I cook burgers in my electric griddle?
Although technically, you can cook burgers, you will not get the perfect crust from it. For burgers, it is better to use a baking steel griddle or stainless steel skillet.
- Is it better to get an oversized electric griddle instead of a normal one?
Yes, it is. An extra-large electric griddle will give you all the benefits of a normal griddle along with the benefit of larger cooking space.
- Are all the handles in an electric griddle removable?
No, some models come with locked handles. However, there are a few models that come with screwed-on handles that you can remove with a simple screwdriver. In our reviews, all the listed products come with tool-free removable handles giving you an easier time with it.
When it comes to electric griddles, bigger is better. So there really is no reason to invest in something that only lets you cook for one person when you can find one that allows you to cook for the whole family.
We hope you found our article on the best extra large electric griddles informative and helpful in your search for the perfect breakfast companion.