Imagine looking at your newly ‘tried’ pizza with a face like World War II, something between wrecked and burned! We know you ain’t going to be happy after seeing something like that, and there’s no reason for so either! But what if you give it a shot with the best deep dish pizza pan?
We bet, when you’ll be opening the oven door, the ‘round thing’ you’ll see won’t only be mouthwatering but also a piece of perfection too. Now comes the question that matters the most – which one to pick and how? Well, as you’ve come this far. Then why don’t you just look a bit down to find the answer too?
What Makes a Good Deep Dish Pizza Pan?
Have you ever heard of a dish made of one single ingredient only? No, right? In the same way, when you’re asking for a good deep dish pizza pan, then it doesn’t depend on one thing only. So, let’s check what makes a deep dish pizza good enough.
Durability, heating time, baking quality – each and every single one of them is highly dependent on this one single thing. So, you need to keep your eyes open while being selective about the material. Try to choose materials like cast-iron or steel so that you won’t have to worry about the quality of your pizza.
It’s nothing but a headache when you have to deal with the stickiness of a pizza pan. But nobody said that you couldn’t pick the non-sticky one. To be honest, if you really don’t want to ruin your pizza, it’s better to go for it. Moreover, that eases up the cleaning part too.
So, how you like your pizza – crunchy or doughier? Because if anything that can influence that to the greatest extent, then it’s the thickness. If you’re more of a fan of crunchiness in the pizza, then go for the one with a high gauge like 22 to 26. But when you want the doughier one, the 14-gauged one is perfect for you.
What’s coming next, bigger or smaller, is depending on the diameter of the pan. You know the size that you’re looking for, so choose on the basis of that. But getting something bigger is always better here as you can have a variety of sizes as you want.
Ease of Cleaning
No matter how low the frequency of usage is, you still need to clean the pan every time after experimenting with your pizza recipes. But you won’t count it as a hassle when the cleaning is easy as pie. So, grab something that can keep the bar of ease high on that part.
Dark Coated Pizza Pans vs. Light Coated Pizza Pans
If you’ve got all the time in the world to wait for your pizza to bake, then pick the light coated pizza pans. Didn’t get the point, did you? Well, let us explain then. The best thing about darker finishes is they retain more heat, and if you want some acceleration in the baking time, this one can pull that off more easily.
But the scenario is quite the opposite when it comes to light coated pans. As rather than absorbing, they reflect the heat; it takes more time to complete the baking.
Editor’s Recommendation: Top 5 Deep Dish Pizza Pan
5 Best Deep Dish Pizza Pan Reviews
Had enough with the waiting part? Well, here comes the list of the top 5 deep dish pizza pans that can simply take you to your finest self-made pizzas. Let’s get started then?
1. Wilton Pizza Pan
- READY, SET, BAKE: It's pizza night at your house with a homemade or a store-bought pie and this...
- DURABILITY: The Wilton round pizza pan is made up of durable steel that bakes pizzas evenly and...
- NON- STICK: Durable premium non-stick coating on our pizza pan allows your pizza to slide or pop out...
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: This Wilton pizza pan is dishwasher safe; however for best results, wash in warm,...
- INCLUDES: 1 pizza pan, dimensions: 14 in. dia. X 0.5 in. (23.5 cm dia. x 1.27 cm). Limited 10 year...
It’s not always the baker who’s responsible for a ruined pizza. Sometimes the pan itself can be the culprit too. But it’s time to eliminate that chance because Wilton is here with their Pizza Pan.
This durable steel-made pizza pan has the ability to get you the perfect ‘pizza’ result every time you come up with a craving. Thanks to its nonstick feature, you won’t have to leave the pan with a damaged pizza when you’re trying to take it out.
On top of that, this pan is also super easy to clean up. As it’s dishwasher safe, so you can count your hassle low there too. Just make sure you’re using soapy water after and before you work with the pan.
As this one comes with a 14-inch diameter, you’re free to bake almost any sized delicious pizza on this one, and we don’t think you’re planning to bake anything more than 14″ at your home.
- Made of durable steel
- The nonstick feature eases up the baking
- Boasts a big diameter of 14”
- Easy to clean
- Sports the dishwasher safe feature
- Doesn’t come with any handle or edge
2. Lodge Frying Pan
- 17 INCH CAST IRON SKILLET. This seasoned cast iron skillet is ready to use and extremely versatile...
- SEASONED COOKWARE. A good seasoning makes all the difference. Lodge seasons its cookware with 100%...
- MADE IN THE USA. Lodge has been making cast iron cookware in South Pittsburg, Tennessee (pop. 3,300)...
- MAKE EVERY MEAL A MEMORY. Lodge knows that cooking is about more than just the food; it’s about...
- FAMILY-OWNED. Lodge is more than just a business; it’s a family. The Lodge family founded the...
Yeah! We know we said ‘pizza’ in the headline. But what if we get you something a bit more versatile and useful for the other dishes too? You’ve guessed it right. We’ve got that, and it’s none other than the Ergonomic Frying Pan from Lodge.
This 17” skillet is made of solid cast-iron that can get you a big number on the durability. Besides that, its 2” depth won’t let you take a step back for using it to make other dishes too. Plus, its ergonomic design with the 2 handles made it a piece of pure convenience.
The best thing about this seasoned cookware is, it has zero chemicals or synthetic coatings. So, if you’re worried about getting any health issues with it, then you can simply cut it off from your list. On top of that, the frequent usage will get you better seasoning with every passing day.
- Comes with a solid cast iron construction
- 2 handles made it easy to use
- Can be used for different dishes
- Contains no chemicals or synthetic coatings
- Regular usage improves the seasoning
- Heavy scraping can damage the surface
3. Home-Complete Pizza Pan
- CAST IRON- Constructed from sturdy and durable cast iron, this pan will survive tough wear and tear...
- MULTI-USE- This handy skillet can be used in the oven, on the stovetop, grill, or even over a...
- VERSATILE- Use it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! The 14” skillet is versatile; perfect for...
- GREAT GIFT- This long-lasting and convenient multi-purpose pan is an excellent gift for birthdays,...
- PRODUCT DETAILS- Material: cast iron. Dimensions: Diameter-14”. To avoid rust, make sure to dry...
Some say that the pizza is as good as the baker. But what they don’t add there is that a part of that perfection comes with the right pan too. If you don’t want to miss that in your pizza, then pick the Pizza Pan from Home-Complete.
This 14” pizza pan is probably one of the toughest of its kind you’ve seen so far. Thanks to its cast-iron construction for taking it there. And you won’t even have to wait for the whole day to see your perfectly baked pizza as its fast heating system backed by longer heat retention handles it all.
But you don’t need to consider it good enough for pizzas only. If you’re in the mood to have some grilled veggies or meats, you’ll still find it useful. Plus, the handles on both sides make sure you’re finding it as convenient as the regular pans.
And the cleaning part? Simple hot water is more than enough to clean it up. You don’t need a ton of cleaning agents to get it back to the clean state.
- The cast-iron gives it a tough construction
- Handles on both sides ease up the usage
- Perfect for grilling meats and veggies too
- Sports longer heat retention feature
- Highly convenient to clean
- Not dishwasher safe
4. Wilton Crisper Pizza Pan
- READY, SET, BAKE: Calling all crispy pizza lovers: this is the pizza pan for you! The perforated...
- CONVENIANCE AND DURABILITY: The Wilton crisper pizza pan is made of durable steel with perforated...
- NON-STICK: Durable premium non-stick coating on our Wilton pizza pan allows your pizza to slide or...
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Dishwasher safe; however for best results, wash the Wilton pizza pan in warm,...
- INCLUDES: 1 pizza pan, dimensions: 14 in. diameter (36 cm diameter); Limited 10 year warranty
Guess who’s back to take you to the world of crispness? It’s the Wilton with their holed Crisper Pizza Pan. Now, you can simply forget about seeing the face of sloppy pizza every time you open your oven.
With its 14” large diameter, the last thing you’ll have to worry about is anyone missing a bite of your pizza. And what to say about its ability to get you the finest crust with all the crispness in the world? Just be ready to be called the king/queen of crispness once you bring it in.
With durable steel construction, you won’t have to think about putting your hands in the wallet for a long time. Along with that, what will make you fall in love is its perforated holes that ensure proper airflow during the baking.
And when you’re done, its convenient side handles won’t let you struggle to get it out from the oven. Just make sure that you’re cleaning it up after every time you bake. As its dishwasher safe, you can stay hassle-free there. Yet, it’ll be better if you can give it wash with soapy, warm water every time before and after using.
- Steel construction ensures durability
- Sports a 14” large diameter
- Handles on the edge make it easy to use
- Perforated holes ensure proper airflow
- Totally dishwasher safe
- A little bulky for some users
5. LloydPans Pizza Pan
- 8 inch by 10 inch by 2.25 inch deep Detroit Style Pizza Pan Used by commercial pizzarias
- Hard-Anodized; Permanent, Stick-Resistant Coating is PTFE Free; USA Made
- No Pre-Seasoning Required or Recommended, Ready for Baking
- Easy to bake with, easy to clean, easy to maintain
- Heat safe to 700 degrees F, Lid sold Separately
Have you ever thought of trying a square-shaped pizza? If you haven’t, then maybe you can give it a shot this time. That’s because LloydPans has come up with their Detroit Style Pizza Pan to help you out with that.
There’s no way to deny that team LloydPans thought it all through with this Hard-Anodized pizza pan. Otherwise, we don’t see the reason for getting it the PTFE free stick-resistant coating. By adding this feature, the makers have kicked the possibility out of you seeing a pizza sticking all over the pan.
But what has made it more of a versatile cookware is its 8 x 10-inch diameter with 2.25-inch depth. Now, if you need to try something else on it except pizza, nothing will be stopping you for sure. You don’t even need to go for the pre-seasoning with it. Just pick it up and get started.
If you love experimenting with dishes that need an extreme level of heat, then count this one in your favor. With heat sustenance up to 700°F, that’ll be like a walk in the park for it. And when you don’t need it for a while, just clean it up, which is super easy, by the way, and store it.
- Sports PTFE free stick-resistant coating
- Perfect diameter with the extra deepness
- Easy with cleaning and maintaining
- Can take heat up to 700°F
- Counted as a versatile cookware
- Not the cheapest one
Top 5 Pizza Pan Comparison Table
Wilton Pizza Pan
14.1 x 0.36 x 14.1 inches
Lodge Frying Pan
19.5 x 17 x 2.62 inches
Home-Complete Pizza Pan
13.5 x 17 x 1.5 inches
Wilton Crisper Pizza Pan
0.76 x 15.25 x 16.54 inches
LloydPans Pizza Pan
Lloyd Pans Kitchenware
8 x 10 x 2.25 inches
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between a pan pizza and a deep-dish pizza?
If you compare these two to each other on the basis of softness, doughiness, and chewiness, then no doubt pan pizza will stay ahead there. On the other hand, when you’re looking for a decent level of crunchiness without being too hard, then deep dish pizza is more of a better option.
Is a pizza pan with holes better?
Not everyone is a fan of crunchiness in pizzas, and in the same way, not everyone loves the softies as well. So, if you really hate to see moisture in your pizza and want to keep the crust away from the sogginess, then it’s better to get a pan with holes.
But, if it’s the softness that you’re asking for, then picking one without holes will be better. As they don’t let the pizza get airflow from the bottom, you don’t have any chance of ending up with any hardness there.
Is deep dish really pizza?
Well, not exactly! However, how it’s eaten is pretty much similar to the pizza. But the reason for not calling it a pizza is it having kind of ‘too much of everything’ that a pizza comes with, whether it’s the crust, cheese, or sauce. On top of that, they’re not so good with portability, unlike the pizza.
And another thing that differentiates it from the pizza is, pizzas are quick and easy to make. But that’s not always the same case for deep dish. Even when it comes to serving, pizzas are much easier to deal with.
Should I oil my pizza pan?
Yes, you can use oil if you feel like that it’s going to be sticky. If you’ve already got a non-stick pan there for your pizza, then we don’t think you’re in need of oil there. But if it’s a sticky one, then you better apply some non-stick spray or oil on it.
What’s the difference between perforated pizza pan and stone?
In case of durability, convenience, and performance, the pans are ahead of the stones. But if you’re a perfectionist and love playing with the taste, then you can go for the stone. Moreover, when it comes to cleaning and storing, pans are more convenient compared to stones.
If you’ve never tried baking a deep dish pizza, then trust us, you’ve missed a great experience there. But you’re not too late yet. Just bring the best deep dish pizza pan and open a new door to the pizza world.
Make sure that you’re grabbing it after checking out the material quality, the right size, and any other aspect that makes a pan good enough for your pizza. Now, you decide how you want it. Happy baking!!