An oven surrounds your food with heat and bakes it using that heat. But what if there would have been one which could also circulate it to make baking even faster? What if said oven was small and portable enough to be carried to different places and used according to need?
If the above possibilities intrigue you, you will be happy to know that an oven precisely like that is known as a countertop convection oven. We can help you find the best commercial countertop convection oven.
This article will review 5 convection ovens to give you a better idea of your options.
Editor’s Recommendation: Top 5 Countertop Oven
How we know?
Convection ovens can be pretty expensive in themselves, and the addition of the newest features to can increase it even more.
To ensure that your money is going in a good place, we have tested and compiled a list of the best commercial countertop convection ovens, which have been approved by a licensed team of professional scientists.
We have collected some of the latest brands of countertop convection ovens and brought them to a measured area set up to test the products.
The team of scientists has rigorously and repeatedly tested every product in different ways to ensure that no flaw goes unnoticed.
Stringent safety standards were maintained to ensure that you have the safest product to touch your edibles in your household.
We have prepared several different meals and ranked and rated them according to their performance in each preparation. We have also read through all of the technical specifications and tested each separately to check off all boxes.
How we tested our Best Sharp Microwave Ovens?
For a good convection oven, it must have the ability to cook any kind of meal effortlessly and in an efficient time. To test the commercial countertop convection ovens, we have prepared the following meals on the commercial countertop convection ovens:
- Roasted chicken
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Burger buns
We cooked the same items in different products and their performance was closely observed. The products were ranked and rated based on their performance in several areas during cooking, i.e.:
- The time taken
- The highest temperature reached
- Their weights
- Ease of portability
- Space is taken up
The amount of space that is taken upSince these are commercial microwaves, high temperatures were preferred along with numerous features such as an LCD timer to indicate when your meal is cooked and ready.
For commercial countertop convection ovens, we picked the ones with several different functions rather than primary duties only. We looked out for various tasks like broiling, roasting, dehydrating, etc.
After extensive research, we have compiled a list of the best commercial
countertop convection ovens are available in the market exclusively for you!
10 Best Commercial Countertop Oven Reviews
Now that you know about all the features that you need to consider before purchasing a convection oven, it is time to move on to the meat and potatoes of the article. Here, we will review 4 of the best countertop convection ovens available.
1. Breville Smart Oven Air Convection Countertop Oven
- The Breville Smart Oven Air with Element iQ System is a versatile countertop oven allowing you to...
- ELEMENT iQ SYSTEM: Using 6 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and...
- AIR FRY & DEHYDRATE SETTINGS: Air fry French fries and other family favorites; Higher temperatures...
- SUPER CONVECTION TECHNOLOGY: 2 speed convection fan (super & regular) offers greater cooking...
- 13 COOKING FUNCTIONS: Super versatile countertop oven and air fryer with 13 functions to guide you...
Ovens that let you bake, heat food, and dehydrate staff are helpful. The all-in-one feature is something that everyone wants in their oven. This Breville smart oven is just that. Thanks to its 2-speed conventional feature, you get more control over the oven.
Super convention technology allows you to roast, dehydrate, and air fry food. This is because of the significant volume of air that it provides. You get better heat distribution, which is perfect for this cooking style.
You can also get a good roast on top of the meat, or you want to broil something quite quickly with this oven. You can control where the heat focuses. You can adjust the heat to be either on top of the food or below. The large oven has enough space for you to dehydrate about 4 trays of food.
A large and easy-to-read LCD screen gives you all the information about cooking time and the temperature inside. All of the 14 functions that you can get in this oven can also be controlled through this screen.
The screen is accessible to read in the dark, so you can enjoy a sneaky little meal in the middle of the night without lighting up the kitchen.
- Convention fan has 2 speeds
- Can be used to broil, bake, roast, dehydrate, toast, and warm up food
- Large and well-lit LCD screen for controlling all functions
- Might cause an electrical hazard if not set up with the correct voltage supply
2. Chefman Air Fryer Toaster Oven
- FRY WITH AIR NOT OIL: Use the Air Fryer Mode to create healthy and delicious food, with deep fried...
- FOR ALL YOUR COOKING NEEDS: This versatile 7-in-1 appliance air fries, bakes, broils, and more....
- LARGE FAMILY SIZE: Extra guests, or just extra hungry? Either way, this toaster oven air fryer was...
- AUTO SHUTOFF & EASY CLEANING: For added safety, the toaster oven shuts off when the door is opened....
- RJ50-M ASSURANCES: UL approved with advanced safety technology for long lasting durability, & 1-year...
This convection oven from Chefman is a fantastic oven that prioritizes convenience and performance. The space, functionality, and ease of use make this a desirable product.
Let us talk about the air fryer mode first. This mode in itself sells this product as desirable. It reduces the necessity for oil as the food is cooked and fried only with the help of air. Thus, your food will be even healthier. Additionally, this makes the oven environment friendly and very easy to use, as well.
When it comes to presets, this oven has 7 presets. So you have multiple options when it comes to functionality. These presets include baking, broiling, cooking, frying, etc.
We mentioned the oven’s space before because it was absolutely worth mentioning. This oven comes with 25 liters, more than the standard convection oven. When it comes to convenience, this oven leaves no stones unturned.
Firstly, it is an automatic oven. So you can pre-program the time and temperature of the oven. It even comes with the automatic shutdown feature to save you if you are ever forgetful about your food.
Secondly, it has a non-stick interior with removable racks. That makes it very easy to clean as well. It also has a self-cleaning cycle that automatically cleans the oven’s interior perfectly.
However, there are a few complaints about the overall construction and the durability of the machine. The knobs are cheap and are prone to come off quickly. Thus the device may get harder to use in the future.
Furthermore, the overall construction is also fragile, making it less durable. According to many customers, the oven’s functionality also significantly reduces time.
- Comes with an air fryer mode that is easy to use and also very healthy
- Can perform 7 different functions
- Has a capacity of 25 liters
- Extremely easy to use and clean
- Very weak construction
- Multiple complaints about the durability of the machine
3. Best Choice Products 10 in 1 Countertop Oven
- 16.9QT EXTRA-LARGE CAPACITY: Enough space to fit whole chickens, turkeys, and other family-sized...
- ALL-IN-ONE, 10 PRESETS: Pre-set cooking options vary from meat to baked goods and much more,...
- SAFE, VERSATILE COOKING: ETL-listed for safety, with FDA-grade material that averts unwanted...
- POWERFUL, FAST, HEALTHY: 1800W motor helps to efficiently cook food in the healthiest way possible...
- 9 RECIPES INCLUDED: Delicious sample recipes include classic spicy fries, corn on the cob, spicy...
This oven may be the best choice (no pun intended) for you if you are looking for an oven that is low on the budget but has a solid construction and delivers a powerful performance. This oven is made of stainless steel, which ensures its slid construction. This positively influences the durability of the oven.
The previous oven had 7 different presets, which was already very impressive. But this oven outdoes that with 10 different presets, including pizza, frozen food, grilling, etc., and the previously mentioned ones.
We mentioned that this oven is powerful, and the statement still stands. It has a 1800W motor that delivers a fast and powerful performance that will amaze you.
It is adorable about this company because it cares about its customers. This is evident in the list of recipes they send along with the oven. It is challenging to find recipes suited for convection ovens on the internet, and you have to make many adjustments. In situations like these, these recipes come in very handy.
However, there is a learning curve to properly using this device. Convection ovens are usually slightly challenging to use. But according to the opinions of consumers, it is more so in this oven. It took a considerable amount of time for most customers to adjust to the convection oven.
And capacity is another field where improvements could be made. The accommodation is limited to 16 liters only, which is very low for any convection oven.
- Performs 10 different functions
- Comes with an1800 watt motor for added power and speed
- Solid stainless steel construction
- Cares about its customers
- Limited capacity
- Takes a lot of time to adjust to it
4. BLACK+DECKER Digital Countertop Oven
- 120-Minute Timer - The 120-minute timer includes stay-on and auto-shutoff functionality and a...
- Digital Controls - Easy-to-use buttons provide precision control over time, temperature, and...
- Convection Heating - The powerful convection fan circulates warm air throughout the oven for fast,...
- 12” Pizza, 6 Slices of Bread - The expanded toaster oven fits nicely on the countertop, while the...
This is the first digital oven on this list. The specialty of these ovens is the digital controls. They allow you multiple options that non-digital ovens don’t. This oven’s convenience might even make it the most accessible oven to use on this list.
To further add to the convenience, this device is fully automated. That means you can pre-program the time and temperature and let the oven do its job while you take some rest because you deserve it.
In addition to that, the budget-friendly price makes the oven even more attractive. It is the cheapest oven on this list, but that doesn’t mean it is necessarily weak; it still has more than enough great features to make it an oven that is worth buying.
For example, it can perform 7 different functions with its presets. This includes broiling, baking, pizza, toast, cooking, reheating, bagel, and frozen snacks.
The capacity is also fantastic at 25 liters, which is unprecedented for the price. However, this oven falls short of performance for all the convenience and capability. The cooking is not that thorough, and it often has hotspots, which is a severe shame.
Like most products in this budget-friendly range, it compromises the construction. The exterior is fragile and often gets heated up during use, threatening your safety.
- Entirely automated for maximum convenience
- Very easy to use
- Has a capacity of 25 liter
- Performs 7 different functions
- Often has hotspots while cooking
- Weak exterior that gets heated up while in use
5. Oster French Convection Countertop Oven
- Single door pull opens both doors with 1 hand ease and convenience
- Digital controls provide precise cooking time and temperature to take the guesswork out of cooking
- Turbo convection baking technology cooks faster and browns more evenly
- Two racks provide maximum cooking flexibility; This oven control allows you to slowly cook your food...
- Extra large interior accommodates 2 16 inches pizzas; Preheat setting gets oven temperature up to...
Before we move further into this review, it is essential to mention that this product is more expensive than your average convection oven. But this product makes up for it by delivering a fast and powerful performance combined with convenience.
This product is basically built for convenience. Firstly, the door is made to easily open with one hand. Secondly, the oven is fully automated, allowing multiple features like pre-programming time and temperature, auto shutdown, etc.
And this is the second digital oven on the list, and the digital controls on this device also add to the convenience the machine provides. These controls allow you to configure precise times and temperatures, making it very easy to use.
The oven also comes equipped with Turbo convection baking technology. This innovative baking technology ensures that baking is done much faster than usual. The interior is vast and spacious. You could quickly put two 16-inch pizzas in this oven. This oven has the highest one on this list in terms of capacity.
Moreover, the construction is also worth praising. It is made out of solid and durable stainless steel. The durability of this oven has been attested to by almost all customers. It can run for years with little to no effect on its functionality.
However, there is a design flaw on this device that seems minor on the surface, but, in actuality, it can be a very troublesome issue. The door of the oven is spring-loaded to make it more convenient. But it does the opposite.
If you do not open it at an extensive angle, the door automatically shuts, gradually becoming an annoying issue.
- Built for highest convenience
- Easy to use
- Extremely fast baking
- Extra-large interior
- Solid and durable construction
- Comparatively expensive
- Problematic design flaw on the door
6. Elite Gourmet ETO-4510M
- 45L capacity - Fits 9 slices of toast on 2 racks for a total of 18 slices and roasts up to a 20lb...
- French dual door design allows you to open one or both doors at a time saving precious counter...
- Convection feature circulates hot air inside the oven for flakier crusts, deeper flavors and more...
- Independent Temperature Knobs up to 450°F to separately control top and bottom heating elements -...
- Stainless Steel door handle, frame, and panel adds style and elegance. Oven door constructed of...
Our top pick is the Elite Gourmet ETO-4510M. When it has ‘Gourmet’ in its name, you really know it means business and is high class.
Well, jokes aside, this is actually a pretty good convection oven—loads of room to cook all your favorite foods. You can bake a 14-inch pizza in there and also cook a 20lbs turkey if that’s your thing.
For those of you who like numbers, it’s a 45L oven. That’s how you can fit so much in there.
The convection process will take over when you put the food in, and the press goes. It will circulate hot air inside the oven to evenly cook the food and make sure your meats are as tender as possible and whatever you cook are as tasty as possible.
The door is an excellent feature too. It’s a French dual-door design that you can open both ways. This is great for when you’re space restricted. A thoughtful part, if you ask us.
- Good build quality
- Gives you precise control over the cooking
- French dual doors are easy to operate
- Individual temperature knobs
- Removable wire racks
- A slight gap between the two closing section but nothing major
7. Breville Smart Pro Oven
- The Breville Smart Oven Pro with Element iQ System is a high performance countertop oven; Reduce...
- Element iQ System: Using 5 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and...
- Convection Powered: The Smart Oven Pro's convection setting reduces cooking time by up to 30%; An...
- 10 Cooking Functions: versatile countertop oven with 10 cooking functions to guide you to...
- Smart Oven with Slow Cook Function: Take your time to tenderize and develop complex flavors using...
Breville is one of the better-known brands in the market regarding ovens. This one from the company doesn’t disappoint either, as you would expect from Breville.
It’s a very industrial-looking design, though. Some might like that, and others might not like it that much. We aren’t quite fond of the design. But it’s functional, and the dark color finish also helps a bit.
Performance when it comes to convection cooking and warming up your food is another story. There are a whopping 10 cooking functions. With the proper function for the right food, you can dramatically cut down your cooking times.
In fact, the convection setting will reduce your cooking time by a respectable 30%. The oven has an intelligent system that scans the inside and decides where the power is needed most.
It will then direct it to make sure your food cooks evenly and fast. The capacity isn’t inadequate either. You can quickly cook a 13-inch pizza with this.
All the knobs and displays work perfectly and are very well laid out, actually. They are easy to use. All in all, this is a solid convection oven.
- Reduced cooking time
- Intelligent Element IQ System makes cooking easy and fun
- Large internal area
- Durable build quality
- Not quite as large as some of the ovens on this list
8. Hamilton Stainless Steel Convection Toaster Oven
- Extra-large capacity Fit Two 12” pizzas, two 9” x 13” casseroles, or two cake pans
- Revolving rotisserie Self-basting rotisserie locks in your food’s flavor and juices, while turning...
- Convection Bakes faster and more evenly than a traditional oven
- Bake & broil settings with 2-hour auto shutoff Includes removable drip tray, rotisserie skewer &...
- Easy-to-use contoured knobs Not only is this new design easier to maneuver, but they’re safer too
If you have a family to feed or need to cook a lot of food in a short time, this Hamilton oven is your go-to.
The capacity is what will impress you when you first see it. Two trays can bake 2 12-inch pizzas at the same time. Now, that’s impressive in its own right.
You also can make rotisserie chicken. The self-blasting revolving rotisserie will fit a 5-lb chicken and can cook it to perfection. All the flavors and the juices stay intact.
Since it does use convection cooking, it’s faster than regular microwave ovens. You can expect some severe cutdowns in your cooking times overall. And more negligible time cooking means more time to yourself.
And as with all Hamilton products, the build is exceptional, and the design is classic. We are pretty fond of the color scheme as well. It’s made from stainless steel and has a gunmetal finish to it.
- Large internal capacity
- Great design
- Solid build quality
- Fast cooking times
- Can make rotisserie chicken
- Interior lighting is not very bright
9. Ninja DT201 Foodi XL Pro
- TRUE SURROUND CONVECTION: Up to 10X the convection power vs. a traditional full-size convection oven...
- 10-IN-1 VERSATILITY: Air Fry, Air Roast, Bake, Whole Roast, Broil, Toast, Bagel, Dehydrate, Reheat,...
- FASTER COOKING: 90-second oven preheat time and up to 30% faster cooking than a traditional...
- XL FAMILY-SIZED CAPACITY: 2-level even cooking, no rotating required—fit a 5-lb. chicken and a...
- LESS FAT: Eat all of your air fried favorites guilt-free with up to 75% less fat when using the Air...
Every time we see the word ‘pro’ in the name of a product, we immediately get excited to test all its claims. Turns out this one deserves its ‘pro’ name.
First of all, the design is very stylish. There is a substantial clear window at the front, letting you see what’s inside. You have a shiny black strip at the top, which houses all the gauges and buttons.
Speaking of what’s inside, the size is pretty significant. For reference, you can easily fit a 12 lbs turkey or 2 12-inch pizzas. That’s not bad at all.
Perhaps one of the best features of this one is just how many settings it has. You can either roast, bake, reheat, broil, dehydrate, and even toast. That level of versatility in a product is something we always appreciate.
The cooking times are fast too. Just like some of our previous models. This can also reduce your cooking time by up to 30%. And it uses convection cooking. Not only is it healthier than conventional microwave ovens, but it will also make your food cook/reheat evenly and allow it to keep all its juices and flavors intact.
- Very nice design
- Spacious inside
- Lots of different settings
- Fast cooking times
- Not the best for someone who just wants a simple oven
10. KitchenAid KCO255BM
- Dual convection for faster cooking - cook chicken up to 20% faster with Dual Convection Bake.*...
- Have more control during the cooking process with the built-in temperature probe, giving you perfect...
- Large capacity fits up to 2 whole chickens* - enjoy more room to cook what you want - from a sheet...
- Enjoy full size oven functionality in a compact footprint, everyday, with 12 preset cooking...
- Turn the integrated interior light on to monitor your cooking progress through the window without...
We have ourselves a bit of competition concerning which oven looks the best. While our previous oven from Ninja was pretty cool, this one is nothing to scoff at either.
Let’s dive into that design first, then. It’s a very sleek and modern-looking convection oven that has a fully blacked-out front. The color and scheme and minimalistic design make it look very stealthy.
It isn’t just a pretty boy either. This one also has some serious cooking prowess. You can cook using the 12 preset functions that can bake a pizza, cookies and also reheat food.
Cooking times are fast but not as short compared to others. You will see around 20% improvement in cooking times when working with chicken. It’s quick and easy and cooks evenly too.
The controls are very intuitive. So, you don’t have to fiddle around with the setting to figure out what you are doing.
- Fast cooking times
- Very stylish design
- Intuitive controls make it easy to use
- 12 cooking functions
- Non-stick interior
- Comparatively less space inside
10 Best Commercial Countertop Oven Comparison Table
Breville Smart Oven Air Convection Countertop Oven
Brushed Stainless Steel
17.5 x 21.5 x 12.7 inches
Chefman Air Fryer Toaster Oven
15.7 x 13.7 x 13.7 inches
Best Choice Products 10 in 1 Countertop Oven
Best Choice Products
14.5 x 13 x 15.25 inches
BLACK+DECKER Digital Countertop Oven
14 x 19 x 12 inches
Oster French Convection Countertop Oven
23.8 x 20.15 x 15.1 inches
Elite Gourmet ETO-4510M
21.06 x 15.55 x 13.98 inches
Breville Smart Pro Oven
18.5 x 14.5 x 11 inches
Hamilton Stainless Steel Convection Toaster Oven
Black and Stainless
Stainless Steel Front, Black Sides & Top
13.11 x 20.62 x 16.54 inches
Ninja DT201 Foodi XL Pro
Stainless Steel Finish
17.09 x 20.22 x 13.34 inches
16.4 x 18.5 x 13 inches
Things to Consider before Buying Countertop Oven
Before getting into the meat and potatoes of the article, let us first talk about everything you need to consider before buying the convection oven. We fervently believe that you should know all the essential things about a product before purchasing it, and that is what this section of the article seeks to achieve.
Gas vs. Electricity
Among variants of convection ovens, there are ovens that run primarily on gas, and there are ovens that run entirely on electricity. And then there are ovens that utilize both.
The ovens run by gas are known to add a unique taste to the food, but it is not exactly the most efficient. And the ovens run by electricity (generally 110V) can heat faster and save more power.
Now, let us talk about ovens which utilize both gas and electricity. These ovens have electric walls that help in baking and broiling, and the gas top helps in cooking. This dual use of both resources gives you the best of both worlds and might be the best possible option for any convection oven.
Fan-Assisted vs. True
In the fan-assisted model of convection ovens, the baking element is usually situated at the bottom while the broiling part is located on the top. The fan in question is placed on the back wall, which helps to circulate the heat.
However, in the actual model, there is an additional element. This element is situated in the back along with the fan. It helps in controlling and maintaining the temperature.
Both variants are good and can get their jobs done, but the true ovens are more efficient while the fan-assisted ovens are more budget-friendly.
Manual vs. Automatic
It is obvious what this refers to. The manual ovens come with knob adjustments for temperature. Some of them even come with fixed timers. Here, it is entirely up to you to monitor the convection oven. As it is easy to use, there are also few possibilities of mistakes, and thus they are reliable.
However, the automatic oven reigns supreme when it comes to convenience. You can pre-program the time of boiling and the temperature you require. There is also an auto-shutdown feature that prevents your food from getting burned.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here we have the most commonly asked queries regarding the best commercial countertop convection ovens:
What does a convection oven do?
A convection oven is equipped with a fan that circulates the hot air instead of simply surrounding the food with it. This makes cooking even faster.
Can a convection oven replace a microwave?
Yes, a convection oven can do everything a microwave can and more.
How to use a convection oven?
Using a convection oven is similar to how an ordinary oven is used. But remember to set the temperature 25 degrees lower than in a traditional oven. You should also make sure to use baking pans with low sides and to hold down any sort of parchment paper with a metal object.
How to clean a convection oven?
Firstly, you have to remove the racks. Secondly, turn on the self-cleaning cycle on your oven. If your oven doesn’t have this feature, you can use a baking soda solution or a convection oven cleaner. Thirdly, wipe the remaining dirt with a clean cloth.
Are convection ovens safe?
Convection ovens are absolutely safe, with little to no additional dangers.
Convection ovens are an absolute blessing for both your health and your taste buds. It also doesn’t require much effort to operate, which is always a plus. As we see it, there is little to no reason not to get a convection oven if you can do so.
But like any product, you should be careful before buying a convection oven. Ensure you know what you need from this oven and buy the best commercial countertop convection oven.
You can always refer to our article to help you make up your mind. Happy cooking!